Driveshaft Bulletin!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where does this 20,000 number come from? are they saying polaris built 20,000 pro rmk's with this driveshaft? sounds way high to me....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where does this 20,000 number come from? are they saying polaris built 20,000 pro rmk's with this driveshaft? sounds way high to me....
I'm not sure 2 of the 4 manufacturers even build that many in total. It seems high. Propaganda?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure 2 of the 4 manufacturers even build that many in total. It seems high. Propaganda?
yeah, I think so. 129,087 sleds sold worldwide in model year 2012. 48,689 sold in the US. 40,165 sold in Canada.

mountain segment makes up for 30% of snowmobile sales. Like What I See | SnoWest Snowmobile News

Polaris US market share was 26% in 2012

2012marketshare.png

a few calculations will tell us that if we go by the US marketshare number polaris sold 33,562 sleds worldwide in 2012. mountain segment sled would be 10,068 sleds over their entire mountain line. so that they made 20,000 pro rmk's for 2013 would lead me to believe that is a hugely inflated number. just sayin'

1mcatman

Reaction score
I agree t 10-20 failures all year would have been high in my opinion....these sled are suposed to be designed to be able to take us out and ride back country and return home IMHO....and 1000 is realistic i ride south washington,oregon and idaho and there is no snow yet....to speak of!

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is early in the season too some places just got enough snow to ride , so say people have been riding pros for a month now and 70 have failed at this rate it'll be over 200 by the end if January

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Man, I was thinkin of hittin' cycle works to go look at a victory..... might not be able to get close as the place will be jammed with people shopping for new driveshafts......lol

:beer::beer::beer:

IEATSRT

Reaction score
I got the 20,000 from Snowest and the user later edited it out so perhaps it is high not sure. At any rate I think the important thing to recognize is that they have acknowledged the problem we will hear more when they know more. Man I can't believe how many glass half empty guys there are on here! Irregardless of the exact numbers the odds at this time are very low that one will have a failure. Sounds as though at this time they are making no changes to the design and they are standing by it, perhaps they will be inspecting them closely. It. This is the most important part of the bulletin " When root cause and resolution have been finalized, an official repair notification will be published for the affected vehicles. As stated above, Polaris will stand behind this product and support our customers".
Eager to hear more about it as it progresses

From Snowest
Originally Posted by deschutes
A service bulletin has been released, relating to the 2013 drive shafts.

Summary:

Polaris has confirmed 70 drive shaft failures, out of approximately 20,000 units sold.
Broken shafts will be replaced.
Replacement parts are available, and will be replaced under warranty with confirmation of a broken shaft.
Polaris has performed rigorous testing, and is committed to the technology used in the 2013 shafts.

Last edited:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up IEATSRT the number did seem high, but it was kind of fun seeing the Poo haters get all worked up about it. No denying that it was the best selling sled on the snow for the last couple of years though, and probably will be again this year.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, I was thinkin of hittin' cycle works to go look at a victory..... might not be able to get close as the place will be jammed with people shopping for new driveshafts......lol

:beer::beer::beer:

Probably be lots of room at the BRP dealer to look at one of those three wheel jobbies. LOL!

Top Bottom