Doo's Bought In The States

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this on the yamaha snowmobile blog

Last but not least, our final round of unit shipments are commencing next week, including the 40th MTX models AND we have recently released several strong sales programs starting with ATV’s designed to ease the burden of the current economic situation, snowmobiles are next but its supposed to be a secret ssshhhhh.

So it looks like they are planning something. It will be interesting to see what they will offer.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Consumers' Association of Canada calls on Bombardier president to apologize to consumers

OTTAWA, Oct. 18 /CNW/ - The Consumers' Association of Canada calls on
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.'s President and CEO, Jose Boisjoli, to
apologize to Canadian Consumers for the shocking treatment his corporation has
doled out to Canadians who want to purchase products in USA.
"Bombardier has gone to almost hysterical measurers to inhibit Canadians
from taking advantage of the 40% differential in price between what Bombardier
charges in Canada compared to the price for identical products on sale in USA"
said CAC President Bruce Cran. "While Bombardier is not alone in ripping off
cross-border shoppers, it is certainly leading the charge".
"During the past 70 years the Bombardier group has been the beneficiary
of many grants, loans and other assistances provided from taxes contributed by
the same Canadian Consumers the company is now working feverishly to rip off"
added Cran.
Apologize, Mr Boisjoli and take whatever action is needed to put things
right for your loyal Canadian customers.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HERE YOU GUYS GO: THIS IS A DEALER'S VIEW ON THE TOPIC, AND BOMBARDIER'S OFFICIAL STAND ON THE U.S./CANADIAN DOLLAR DIFFERENCE AND CROSS BOARDER PURCHASES(NEW & USED).... GO TO THIS LINK AND SCROLL ABOUT 1/2 WAY DOWN TO "TRUTHS&MYTHS" ........

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good reference Summitric!! Looks like it is not only Bombardier that is shutting down Canadians buying their producrt in the U.S. but all the vehicle manufactures are following suite, looks like they are all in the same fix with the dollar rising so fast but it sounds like releif is on the way witihin the next six months or so even Bombardier is looking at their pricing model so you may see prices falling on next years models??

Britt

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was at show today and found out that my friend that just recieved his Nytro MTN will get $699.39 in rebate from Yamaha. Not bad maybe not enough but something is better than nothing. Enough to buy some accessories (from USA) Polaris on the radio had a add for 500 off 08 RMK sales. Its starting lets keep it going

MtnCrazy

Reaction score
I bought in the USA, couldn't stomach the prices here...hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the azz?

c3burn

Reaction score
One of the things that bothers me is how much are people going to sell their used US imports for? Will bottm the prices here or will they make profit on the sleds?:confused:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How in the hell is that not price fixing?!?!!?

:agree: So BRP is obviously making a profit (say $1500.00) on every sled they sell in the US (at say $10,000.00), it's gonna be a gooood year for BRP if they are selling the same sled in Canada for (say $13,500.00).:( $5000.00 profit per sled; not bad I'd say.:rant:

mach 2

Reaction score
im not an economist but look at the economy in the us versus the economy in alberta. they are in very sad shape and i cant help but think that price fixing is a contributing factor. all manufacturers in canada and our government gouge not just brp. in fact a canadian dealer can buy cheaper in the states for list , than he can get it for wholesale here. it is a delicate political economic issue that has been going on much longer than with the recent gains in the strength or the dollar. to illustrate what i mean try buying a house in the states while your down there, better yet try buying in poland or romania and see how far your dollar goes. then compare your standard of living there to what it is now.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:agree: So BRP is obviously making a profit (say $1500.00) on every sled they sell in the US (at say $10,000.00), it's gonna be a gooood year for BRP if they are selling the same sled in Canada for (say $13,500.00).:( $5000.00 profit per sled; not bad I'd say.:rant:

BRP is in a tough position so are all manufactures from cars to trailers
its a bigger picture then just changing prices
first off if they drop the prices all of our sleds drop the same we all lose $ and I own $80000 in recreational toys plus my vehicles so that will hurt, plus business tax is approx 20% higher in Canada, as well our labour is much higher, so the dealer is not making more per unit as some might think.
so I think for those who can go south and get a deal should do so and if not just hold on tight you will probably see some incentives ie. rebates, low interest rates etc.. because this time next year could be a different story according to history

Top Bottom