Do we have clearance, Clarence?

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Is there enough clearance on the Pro RMK to put on a 3inch track or do you need to install the Avid chaincase like on the Summit? This could be a deal breaker for me and the Summit. If I could get the Pro and throw a 3inch on without dropping the chaincase then I think that might be the way to go. I know you can just run smaller drivers but I'm not sure how efficient that would be.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there enough clearance on the Pro RMK to put on a 3inch track or do you need to install the Avid chaincase like on the Summit? This could be a deal breaker for me and the Summit. If I could get the Pro and throw a 3inch on without dropping the chaincase then I think that might be the way to go. I know you can just run smaller drivers but I'm not sure how efficient that would be.
You will need the Avid drop kit to run the 3" on the Pro RMK.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I figured as much but wasn't sure. I guess I could've just called Specialty and they could've told me. At least if you perform this mod on a Summit you don't need to trim the track. Thanks. ch!t, in a couple years they'll be coming stock with a 3 and everyone will be installing a 4.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Anyone done this mod themselves? It's spendy to get ken to do it. How hard is it though really?

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone done this mod themselves? It's spendy to get ken to do it. How hard is it though really?

Head on over to the Polaris Pro section and start searching there. Chrisco(Parkland Motorsports) on here may be another option for you as well.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Well you do or you don't I guess. I know a guy who put smaller drivers on his but I'm not sure how efficient that's going to be.

whickey

Reaction score
Call Chris with Parkland. I don't know about price but I can tell you the work is worth it. He has done lots of stuff with 3". 780-963-0080

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you do or you don't I guess. I know a guy who put smaller drivers on his but I'm not sure how efficient that's going to be.

The Only people that benefit from putting the 3" avid chaincase on a Summit are Avid and the shop that installs it. There is plenty of clearance with the 7 tooth drivers and they are only around 9% smaller than the stock driver, which can be easily compensated for in the gearing.
I have 1100 miles on my 08 with this set up and it works VERY well.
IMHO

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are worried about efficency then leave it stock that is how they engineer them. Drop the size of your drivers then drop your gearing to compensate.

Top Bottom