do i take it??

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone in fort mac has the mentality of work is work, look out for number 1, therefore always looking for the next best thing. Hard to keep employees that you put time and money into when they jump ship in a few months when buddy down the street says Ill pay you 3 bucks an hour more, blah blah blah! like I said, loyalty is big when it comes to small business guys like me.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i'll stay put where i am. love my job, love the people i work with, they r gonna pay me more now, and change isn't always for the better. hopefully the loyalty does pay off in the end, but i'm pretty sure it will.

so... if anybody knows a survey coordinator looking for work, pm me, i just may know where there is an opening!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I guess I'm too late; had to read all the replies and such!

Good choice, young man! IMHO you will be rewarded down the road and in the meantime life is a bed of roses or a nice place to play on your sled!

Congratulations, fs

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
i think i'll stay put where i am. love my job, love the people i work with, they r gonna pay me more now, and change isn't always for the better. hopefully the loyalty does pay off in the end, but i'm pretty sure it will.

so... if anybody knows a survey coordinator looking for work, pm me, i just may know where there is an opening!

Yup I would stay remember there is a why reason the other company is trying to "steal" you with money if it that great why can't they find someone or keep someone

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you really like you job then consider yourself lucky! I am in a hard position here. I don't mind my work all that bad but the company SUCKS! Problem is, its one of the highest paying jobs around. If I left I would lose about $8 an hour. But maybe I would wake up in the morning and actually want to get to work, instead of dreading it. There is definatly no loyalty where I'm at. Over 5,500 employees nationwide. We are all just a number to them. Thats a fact. Only positive thing is the paycheck. Wish I could go back in time, if you never had the money, you wouldn't miss it. But its always hard to go backwards.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody was wondering, i made the call this afternoon thanking the other company for the offer but letting them know i could not accept. It sure made my boss here happy!!

Thanks for all the comments, they really gave me something to think about.

Cheers!

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone in fort mac has the mentality of work is work, look out for number 1, therefore always looking for the next best thing. Hard to keep employees that you put time and money into when they jump ship in a few months when buddy down the street says Ill pay you 3 bucks an hour more, blah blah blah! like I said, loyalty is big when it comes to small business guys like me.

welcome to mining lol

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I left a company that I worked for 15yrs for,.. I'll tell you loyalty doesn't mean chit. They weren't willing to increase my wage, rarely decent holidays, all I ever did was work, missed my kids growing up. They increased my hours of work with no compensation,..

So I said f&% it, and took a better job with more pay, reg hours and better days off and benefits.

Just because you are comfortable, don't let it put a blindfold over your eyes.

Good luck with the choice you made.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I left a company that I worked for 15yrs for,.. I'll tell you loyalty doesn't mean chit. They weren't willing to increase my wage, rarely decent holidays, all I ever did was work, missed my kids growing up. They increased my hours of work with no compensation,..

So I said f&% it, and took a better job with more pay, reg hours and better days off and benefits.

Just because you are comfortable, don't let it put a blindfold over your eyes.

Good luck with the choice you made.
he said he was already happy working where he was and they treated him good
to me thats almost everything in a job and right now thats my current problem

Top Bottom