Diesel Shortage

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I have stated on other threads in the past about fuel shortages,Besides the turnaround
at the Husky upgrader here,I'm pretty sure the rail car's that are all heading for the border
are all full and on-time.I think it's pretty sad the way alot of deals are done in this country.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup husky and ufa all out. Last week mist days in drayton. We're hoarding now. Lol. Dipsticks funny how shutdowns are alway scheduled right when all the drills brigs are firing up and boilers are going to be needed soon etc
Highest demand lowest supply send price sky high
I love my ecoboost :)

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As of 6:00AM this morning Petro in Nisku had fuel - UFA in drayton had fuel, whitecourt UFA roped off and completely out. Petro had some but won't last long with the amount of trucks that were lined up waiting to get fuel what a ****show

Last edited:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can thank all the environmentalist for these diesel shortages every year. They stood in the way of building refineries for years. A refinery is being built as of a few weeks ago near Redwater. The Alberta government is teaming up with CNRL. It's going to take 8 years to complete. Should have been started 8 years ago.

Canada?s first new refinery in decades breaks ground - The Globe and Mail

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whitecourt is fully stocked again, UFA is open again and times have been lifted from Petro

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in Drayton yesterday and its not just card locks ... the mohawak has limited you to $130 @ 1.21 L

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pushed buttons for 3 or 4 different pump selections at the Rocky Coop Cardlock and finally got one to let up its ration of 300L of clear diesel. There was 3-4 other diesel pumps ribboned off already. Sucks.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues this week but my cardlock on site went dry last Thursday, had to pull strings to get a delivery on Friday. My supplier has his quota less than halved.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup husky and ufa all out. Last week mist days in drayton. We're hoarding now. Lol. Dipsticks funny how shutdowns are alway scheduled right when all the drills brigs are firing up and boilers are going to be needed soon etc
Highest demand lowest supply send price sky high
I love my ecoboost :)

Umm when you want thousands of tradesmen to get stuff down its best not to schedule it in middle of summer or winter. Just saying shutdowns will always be spring and fll

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No shortage here in the southern parts of Alberta....yet!!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get 12,000 liters dyed diesel delivered to rig every 3-4 days, and the price has went up again. Happens every year - the refineries do upgrading & workovers, and it seems every one of them do it at the exact same time, right after harvest season. It's a mixed blessing that drilling is slow this year, or we'd be unable to get fuel (or fuel of questionable quality, old stuff).

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Down to 200L per card per day. Fawk
was still at 300 litres per card yesterday at grassland coop, I started packing 2 cards with me a few weeks ago. petro can and UFA still had no fuel limit in nisku and westlock respectively

Top Bottom