Deck Owners I need your help -Sled Deck Identity

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need some help...I am looking at purchasing a deck from a fellow and asked him what brand it is...he bought a truck from a guy and the deck came with it. I am looking at buying it but he doesn't know what brand it is and can't find a manufacturers sticker on it anywhere. Can anyone tell me what kind of deck this is? I'm more curious than anything....he says the ramp is a telescoping unit.

And maybe another question as the deck thing is going to be new to me...we ride M series 153 Cats...this particular deck came out of a chevy shortbox...am I going to have issues with this style of deck and the lengh of our sleds?

Attachments

• CIMG4020.jpg
    CIMG4020.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 300
  • CIMG4016.jpg
    CIMG4016.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
it is a titan
a marathon knock off
they were selling them new on kijiji last year for like 2500

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy has same deck , don't know what brand , we cut the legs down a couple inches cause it sat to high but it has been a good deck

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Titan may be one name they are using...but its a Marathon knock off made in China. 8' long, no issues with longer sleds. You should be able to move the legs for short and long box trucks.

I have one of these decks. I couldn't afford to drop $3500-4500 on a new deck a few years ago and found these Made In China decks for $2000 and under. I couldn't even find a used Marathon at the time.

If you can get it for under $2000 its a good deck for the price.

The aluminum is not as good of a quality as a Marathon or others but there are no issues with strength or the welds on the deck. It just tends to oxidize quicker and you need to keep it clean. The plywood that comes on them is junk but mine did last over 2 seasons. Just had to replace it with better stuff.

They also use cheaper hardware on these decks. It tends to rust quick. And the wiring in the LED's was cheap. The LED's burnt out fast, so $25 last season for new LED's.

I have heard a few times now that someone from Marathon (be it current or former employee) was the one who initiated these decks being built. They sent the plans over to China and were able to have a few ship containers of these things made and even with all that they were profitting the same amount in the end. (who really knows?)

One other thing, the ramp isn't as good as a Marathon ramp. Its heavier as well. Not that it isn't strong, but just not as nice of quality.

I would buy another, it does its job.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need some help...I am looking at purchasing a deck from a fellow and asked him what brand it is...he bought a truck from a guy and the deck came with it. I am looking at buying it but he doesn't know what brand it is and can't find a manufacturers sticker on it anywhere. Can anyone tell me what kind of deck this is? I'm more curious than anything....he says the ramp is a telescoping unit.

And maybe another question as the deck thing is going to be new to me...we ride M series 153 Cats...this particular deck came out of a chevy shortbox...am I going to have issues with this style of deck and the lengh of our sleds?
Titan XII, I had one of those too* but went to an enclosed and sold it to my buddy, he has* had no real issues only the chitty lights.....replaced for under 50 bucks for all. there should be a serial # stamped on the inside of the left front leg......XII ???? or something.Not a bad deck though.

julliopat

Reaction score
That a knock off but still a good deck,,, look for crack in the weld and if there none you are good to go.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like the one i picked up,it was used but in great shape and i got mine for $1300,like TTB said the ramps are heavier than the Marathon and they do sit higher and are adjustable for SB or LB...Just make sure you put some wood underneath the legs when mounting...IMO

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brand new denali out of kelowna for 1450 for the 7 foot or 1550 for the 8 foot.

Top Bottom