Dealership OOPS..........How happy would you be?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm very curious to see how this will be resolved... keep us posted...

If it were my truck and it was badly damaged I would demand either an equivalent replacement (new) or put in better condition than what i brought it in as. Or waive my repair cost completely. But thats just me.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things like this do happen. I left my superduty with a transmission shop in Edmonton for them to service the transmission, it was acting up a little. The day i was expecting it back i got a phone call saying during the test drive the owner of the shop was in a collision with my truck. Superduty vs. prius, guess who won that one!! The cherry on top of it all was he lied about insurance(His shop didnt have any) and i recieved notification that i was being sued for personal injury from the people he hit with my truck!!

Your insurance should respond to protect you as the owner of the vehicle but coverage is not extended to a repair shop. This will be an interesting test of how good your insurance company is. Is the damage to your truck repaired and who paid the bill?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
2 years ago we had the gf's car in at norden for some maintenance. The day we went to get it the guy clearing snow took out the grille and bumper with a bs cat. They repaired it. Gave a loaner until it was done....chit happens. Until your actually screwed over on the deal or they say they're not doing anything no point bitchin.

Hope it all works out for the guy

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Well, we were gonna give you 32,600 but it has been in an accident so we can only give you 7,000. FIXED!"
F*&kin dealers. F*&kin dodge dealers.

lol ya dodge dealers in Northern Alberta are not building the best name for themselves these days...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have them fix it, pay for a rental truck. +cash for incovience is what id want

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow that sucks... wonder if snow and his tires were a factor... it doesn't matter the driver shoulda looked at that but in the end dealer has insurance... damage looks all body and easy to fix... i hope they give him a loaner truck... Let us know how they treat him please im always looking for a good dodge dealership! In the end it was an accident. If i got fired evertime i dented a work truck id be walking the streets begging for change! chit happens

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow I can't believe how quickly people would be willing to lose their mind on something that was an accident. I am sure the dealership/mechanic did not do it purposely so my approach would be to find an amicable solution. If you can't reach that, then sure yell and scream all you want. In business I find you get way more cooperation with the softer approach. Intimidation used to work but IMO society has moved away from that.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow I can't believe how quickly people would be willing to lose their mind on something that was an accident. I am sure the dealership/mechanic did not do it purposely so my approach would be to find an amicable solution. If you can't reach that, then sure yell and scream all you want. In business I find you get way more cooperation with the softer approach. Intimidation used to work but IMO society has moved away from that.

I think you're probably right about that. These days, everyone seems so damn rude that setting yourself apart by being nice might get you a lot further. Regardless of how well they compensated you, it would still be a bummer though.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tks!! Lets put it this way, I got way more favourable results by being nice than being a complete A-hole. Especially, when asking the airline counter agent to upgrade me to business due to their screw up :cool:

I think you're probably right about that. These days, everyone seems so damn rude that setting yourself apart by being nice might get you a lot further. Regardless of how well they compensated you, it would still be a bummer though.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmmm i would make them give me a demo and it would need to be fixed to factory. Accidents happen.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only update I have so far is no replacement vehicle was offered and they can't have it
repaired for approx a month.(dealership has their own body shop)
A replacement vehicle would be a hard fix because he has to have a company satalite
tracking thing and radio for off road traveling.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they should have insurance and should of used it when the accident happened,and for the people who think the test drive was not required and think they should of just plugged in the computer and diagnoised it, i have worked as a technician for 20 plus years and a test drive will diagnoise or at least help diagnoise more than what most people think

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said earlier that I didn't know what they were test driving it for because it has already been there twice
before with a missfiring injector and a failed sensor's(can't remember what is was).
From what I remember the check engine light was still on when it was picked up the last time it was
"fixed". Maybe this time they changed a part and test drove it to make sure the engine hickup's were gone.
I don't know.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a auto tech....

If u want ur truck fixed right...

We have to drive ur Friggin truck dude

The gas nowadays sucks balls and fuel injectors plug up all the time, ect

But u just can't go off the code... Some codes come up, but are from something totally different , like a 02 sensor, lean, rich codes can be from missing ect

Sucks that the truck got hit, but common sense let's u know sh!t happens

sent while I should be drinking tea's

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Airdrie Chrysler has had a few screw ups over the years. One truck was gonna be delivered that day and the lot kid smashed it up

I would ask to see the parts they have changed and see if they got new or used parts as well If they're gonna screw you they will put used parts in which isn't right either

Either way it's a crappy situation to have happened

Sent from my iPhone using

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing to get upset about, Im sure they will give a loaner and fix the damage, you will get it back in no time. It will still be misfiring but they will get the damage fixed up I'm sure

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure a reputable dealership will fix it and take good care of the customer while admitting and accepting responsibility. The only problem now is that prior to the accident we'll assume the vehicle was accident free, no body work/bondo/repaint. Now for certain this vehicle will require some measure of body filler and a repaint with blending to existing paint. Longevity of this repair will never be as good as an oem and in time the body filler will show again. Doesn't matter how good the body shop is, unless parts are replaced one for one without dent fixing and body fill it won't be the same. I had a vehicle that had a small repair in comparison and the overspray from the repair was terrible. Good luck with it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What good would that do?

I'm sure they're going to more than bend over backwards to make it right. If they don't, then the hair should start flying.

Try it before you assume, but be polite!!!

I had my truck at City Ford, and the tech used my front painted bumper as a step. I lost it on the manager, but I was polite (no profanity or belittling) but I was assertive and to the point. I was very happy with the way my truck came out, after everything was said and done.

Top Bottom