Dealer warranty problems ...

rydemx

Reaction score
2012 Pro Rmk 800 . I snowchecked this sled (april 2011) when the promotion was on for 3 year bumper to bumper warranty . The sales manager at this place told me "everything is covered for 3years, bumper to bumper ). My original invoice from the dealer also says on it 3 year bumper to bumper warranty , with their signature at the bottom of the invoice . To make a long story short , everything in the first year was Covered under warranty , with minimal problems .

Took my sled in last week for intermittent bog and the engine light was on for the pipe sensor. Pick up the sled and they hand me a bill for $630 for a tps sensor , egt sensor and hour and half of labour . I said isn't it warranty and he said no electrical isn't covered anymore and Polaris Changed there warranty a few months ago. I said I have bumper to bumper and you can't change warranty . Anyways I paid the bill (pissed right off) so I could get my sled .

Found all my original paper work at home and my brother and I went back to the dealer two days ago . I layed the invoice on the desk and told him this isn't acceptable and you have to make this right . He said there is nothing I can do . I said you sold me this sled with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty . I said look at the invoice it says right there with your signature . Now he tells me Polaris changed the warranty a week after I snowchecked it . I said you can't change my warranty and I shouldn't have a $600 bill on a sled with bumper to bumper warranty . He tells me your on the polaristar ext service contract. I told him that is not what I paid for ,look at the paper . Then I said you didn't even follow warranty procedures ....( I called Polaris Monday morning and they said they had no Inquires for a warranty claim on this serial number !!) So I asked the dealer and he tells me we don't have to call for authorization .... And I said so you just say its not warranty , don't call me and give me a bill for $600 ? I said make this right . He crumpled up my invoice and actually threw it in my face . I said really did you just do that . This is where there were multiple words exchanged and ill never be back to these Crooks ever again . This dealer relies HUGE on you Albertans and could care less for locals .

Does anyone we with a 12' pro have a true B/B warranty like I should have had ?
I need a 2012 snow check sheet (pink copy) where you could tick off the warranty option and or the Polaris gear, . Does anyone have a copy of this ?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
global troubleshooters , so the woprld knows not to buy from this clown, get in contact with polaris directly so that they have a change of termination of their ability to sell polaris products, better buisness beuro so his company is on the negative list for future problems, if bbb gets involved they will pull his buisness liscenscedfd. etc etc. if u want to know how you can slap this b***** in the face pm me ive bin through this before.

96sherm

Reaction score
That is pathetic. Isn't Backus Racing in the Sicamous/Mara area? We met those boys at the Saskatoon Snowmobile show, seemed like a good group of guys.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to another dealer ask for a print out on all your warrenty claims.I'VE done that and found that the dealer I was dealing with claimed it as warrenty as well.

Last edited:

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Polaris directly, you should have warranty. They will make it right.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess they've gotten really comfortable sucking off the easy money oil teat.

rydemx

Reaction score
That is pathetic. Isn't Backus Racing in the Sicamous/Mara area? We met those boys at the Saskatoon Snowmobile show, seemed like a good group of guys.
Great when they sell the product .... Not so great come warranty time

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I would think that the EGT is a wearable item and probably not covered the TPS however should probably covered because i don't think is a wearable item serviceable but not wearable have to read the "what is covered" part in your warranty

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EGT sensor is definatly covered if you have the powertrain warranty not just the second year engine coverage.Either way it sounds like you got hosed on the bill.I had my check engine light come on today and went to drop off my sled at my local dealer M@M perf.Sled was fixed [EGT sensor] and back on the trailer in about 45 minutes.Sled is a 2012 and I only paid the $50 dedutable.Total bill was $213 for an EGT sensor so a bill of over $600 for the senssor and a TPS sounds expensive.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great when they sell the product .... Not so great come warranty time

Maybe we should actually find out who the dealer is before we throw Backus under the bus? Just cause he is the closest dealer doesn't make him the one does it? Lots of other dealers in the region. Just sayn....

rockydaug

Reaction score
Polaris has bumper to bumper on the first year, on defective parts. Anything after that is Polaristar which is insurance company warranty, second and third year are usually are only powertrain, which includes engine and drive system. Engine electrical is covered but anything to do with adjustments, like TPS setting is not covered. One thing as well, and something they don't mention when your purchasing these units, is that, they have a limited mileage of approx. 3500 miles, sorry can not remember exactly.

Twacked

Reaction score
I guess u have to decide how much u want your 600 bucks back. In most cases where dealers and manufacturers have denied warranty once owners file in small claims the manufacturer almost always pays. Most people will not take it that far and the manufacturers know this, it's a numbers game.

Top Bottom