Dealer troubles with new rzr purchase.

canadiancon

Reaction score
I made a deal on a new rzr. It was Saturday, March 28 and I put a deposit down and made the deal as it was near closing time. I told them I would be back next week to pick it up. When I went in there on April 1 the salesman informed me that's the rebates from Polaris have changed and now my price will be going up I told him that I put a deposit down and we can had a deal. I said I was never told about the rebates changing and that my deposit meant nothing. I was basically told I pay the increased price or get nothing.

So I paid it and took my rzr home, I was checking all the fluids and both diffs are low on oil, I emailed the salesman and he said since I didn't pay the extra 1200$ for the vip program, I don't get a full pdi even tho they charged me 830$ for freight and pdi.

this is as far as its gone, was just wondering if other people think it's fair that they changed pricing after a deal was made, deposit etc, plus not getting a full pdi. I'm a heavy duty mechanic and if we sold a machine to someone not ready to work, there would be hell to pay.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I made a deal on a new rzr. It was Saturday, March 28 and I put a deposit down and made the deal as it was near closing time. I told them I would be back next week to pick it up. When I went in there on April 1 the salesman informed me that's the rebates from Polaris have changed and now my price will be going up I told him that I put a deposit down and we can had a deal. I said I was never told about the rebates changing and that my deposit meant nothing. I was basically told I pay the increased price or get nothing.

So I paid it and took my rzr home, I was checking all the fluids and both diffs are low on oil, I emailed the salesman and he said since I didn't pay the extra 1200$ for the vip program, I don't get a full pdi even tho they charged me 830$ for freight and pdi.

this is as far as its gone, was just wondering if other people think it's fair that they changed pricing after a deal was made, deposit etc, plus not getting a full pdi. I'm a heavy duty mechanic and if we sold a machine to someone not ready to work, there would be hell to pay.

So...... You have an option of saving money by only paying for half of your machine to get set up? Thats neat.... Im not 100% sure... but Im 99% sure that thats pretty much agaisnt the law. "PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION". Theres a HUGE liability factor there and to have a dealer have different levels and qualitys of set up/safety instections is just plain rediculous. I don't agree with your price going up as the whole reason you left a deposit was to lock in that price.. But I DO THINK the proper course of action here is to contact the store manager or contact polaris.. I think there is some mis-infomation here. I HIGHLY doubt a dealership is going to have different pre-delivery inspections to choose from. Good luck

canadiancon

Reaction score
No mis information, here's a quote from the email.

"Thats why we created the VIP program to separate us from other dealers., just like our snowmobiles. Its a FULL pdi. Full diffs, full oil, full fuel, tire and steering alignment, Rewards card."

Heres more on the vip set up

"They say they come from the factory full or very close to full. On VIP set ups, they will check the diffs and rarely have to put 50-100mls to top them up"

Front diff only holds 250ml so sometimes they have to add 40% to top it up, if you get the vip program, not cool in my books.

So non vip you don't get a full pdi. And the manager was no help, got a "to bad" from him

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No mis information, here's a quote from the email.

"Thats why we created the VIP program to separate us from other dealers., just like our snowmobiles. Its a FULL pdi. Full diffs, full oil, full fuel, tire and steering alignment, Rewards card."

Heres more on the vip set up

"They say they come from the factory full or very close to full. On VIP set ups, they will check the diffs and rarely have to put 50-100mls to top them up"

Front diff only holds 250ml so sometimes they have to add 40% to top it up, if you get the vip program, not cool in my books.

So non vip you don't get a full pdi. And the manager was no help, got a "to bad" from him

if the manager wouldn't help, my next step would be to contact Polaris Canada.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would name the dealer so others have a heads up and can avoid by dealing somewhere else....

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only one Polaris dealer in PG and this isn't the first time their VIP program has been criticized on here.

Plus dealer names normally equal pulled threads. Different levels of pdi is retarded. Sounds like a scheme to sell you parts/do more warranty work later imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

canadiancon

Reaction score
Yep only one Polaris dealer in Prince George. I'm still giving them a chance to fix it, but it's not looking good, I wanted to get some feedback and make sure I was correct on my thinking, and it looks like I am

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question is why did you buy it?
You made offer to purchase before said rebate and both parties accepted the deal?
Come back and pay more plus some other bogus charges ?
If your not happy with it take it back before you use it.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad we couldn't all agree to boycott the whole brand until they fixed issues like this dealer.
That is the only way (IMO) that any real changes in the way we get treated by the dealers will change.
How many repeated complaints do we hear about various dealers and the way they treat people that are spending thousands of dollars on products?
And yet here we are again.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe you actually paid the extra amount and took the unit. That would have been a giant red flag for me. I would have walked right there and demanded my deposit back. Sounds like that dealership isnt the greatest so I would go directly to Polaris canada.

BigDaddypolaris

Reaction score
so this is how it works as far as rebates a dealer is given them by the manufacture on a month to month basis so yes they will change if you make a deal on the 28th and pick it up on the 1st as its a new month things change programs change etc. Now with that being said there is 1 problems i see that happened with the rebates issue "They failed to inform you that they will change" so as you were a customer they should have honored it UNLESS it was wrote on the bill of sale / work sheet you signed when you put your deposit down. My question would be why not sign it up that night and pick it up when ever that would insure that all is well your price etc even if it was close to closing time? shows how dedicated they are to selling units. As far as the pdi if it is like the car bizz then they have to do a full pdi regardless of the "PROGRAM" or not if they are refusing to do it call polaris and make a complaint and there rep will have to look into it. if this is found to be a on going issue then polaris could pull there dealer licence for them to sell polaris. I would be thinking as a customer if they cheep out on fluids that are all ready paid for in the price then what else did they over look?? JUST MY 2 CENTS

On another note what type rzr u get? you will love it i have rode alot and it goes everywhere with no problems. Happy riding

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cycle North in Prince George are a bunch of idiots, I started boycotting them years ago. Dustin is a waste of skin and the dealership as a whole is a joke. You want to get screwed, deal with them.

The VIP program is a joke. They charge you 1200.00 for the right to get in their shop? I asked them what happens if everyone is a VIP? Their answer, we will do our best to get you looked after. I thought that was what a dealer was supposed to do to begin with!!!!!!!!

Spectra Powersports in Williams Lake is a much better dealer.

canadiancon

Reaction score
I didn't go some place else because there wasn't a new 2014 1000 2 seater within a reasonable driving distance, everything was going good with the dealer until the price change. That was bad enough and then the low diffs is what topped it all off, I'm going to be contacting Polaris and also ask them if the rebates even changed for April because on there Canadian site they haven't changed yet.

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
My question is why did you buy it?
You made offer to purchase before said rebate and both parties accepted the deal?
Come back and pay more plus some other bogus charges ?
If your not happy with it take it back before you use it.
I'm sure he would have lost his deposit if he backed out I'm guessing.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling when I bought from them 5 years ago. I left confused about there Programs as well. I did however tell them that we agreed on a price and thats was what I was paying. They wanted extra for some stupid thing that would not be useable for some who lives 1000kms away.

Top Bottom