Ford Dealers

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So as posted in another thread didn't like used prices so I struck a deal with Jerry Ford in Edson on a new super duty. Took a bit to get done as I'm often out of service and the deal was contingent on me selling a piece of equipment. I stayed in contact with the salesman as much as I could through text, anyway 130 this afternoon I informed him I would take the truck, they had my deposit by 230. 430 rolls around and the GM calls me and says he sold the truck someone else, after they had my deposit and void cheque and pre approval from Ford credit.

WTF is that???? Won't be shopping from them or the Bannister group I guess.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t think theres much loyalty to customers in the auto biz right now.

I bought a new motorbike this feb and was the bad guy, salesman took my card over phone I had cert cheque there next day and he said you better get it loaded up it’s ww3 here other sales man had it “sold”.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s not right. Especially with shortages the way they are. Now you have to try and find another one. Good luck. Don’t think there is one for sale in southern Alberta right now

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That a poor move on their part, i buy my trucks from the same dealer and they have been great but even right now they are tough to deal with, they get so few vehicles to sell they need to capitalize as much as they can, have to understand that to an extent. If you have no prior history with a dealer you can expect them all to be like you experienced, not right but it’s what it is

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That a poor move on their part, i buy my trucks from the same dealer and they have been great but even right now they are tough to deal with, they get so few vehicles to sell they need to capitalize as much as they can, have to understand that to an extent. If you have no prior history with a dealer you can expect them all to be like you experienced, not right but it’s what it is
Oh well I guess. PG has 3 so I'm sure they will accept my money

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that even legal to sell a truck after deposit ?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually no, what we had is considered a legal/verbal contract and it would have been solidified with my deposit.

sounds like they owe you a pickup truck !!!
Dont let them get away with this

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like they owe you a pickup truck !!!
Dont let them get away with this
What does one do? I know had I backed out they would have kept my deposit. I called Ford customer relations but they said they can't do anything.

Just putting on here as a customer review. I'm sure many have good dealings there, the salesman eric was good and friendly. However the GM needs a lesson in customer relations.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So as posted in another thread didn't like used prices so I struck a deal with Jerry Ford in Edson on a new super duty. Took a bit to get done as I'm often out of service and the deal was contingent on me selling a piece of equipment. I stayed in contact with the salesman as much as I could through text, anyway 130 this afternoon I informed him I would take the truck, they had my deposit by 230. 430 rolls around and the GM calls me and says he sold the truck someone else, after they had my deposit and void cheque and pre approval from Ford credit.

WTF is that???? Won't be shopping from them or the Bannister group I guess.
Bet if you canceled the deal you would have a hard time getting your deposit back. Sounds like a shitty dealer.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he not say it was part of the Bannister group? There may be a connection lol
lol maybe. I thought it might be a Ford thing. I had that experience at the Ford dealer in Lethbridge once . I went into the owner Randy's office and sat there for a few hours until he finally got me a bank draft to return my deposit after I changed my mind about the truck. Closest I ever came to owning a Ford. ;)

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does one do? I know had I backed out they would have kept my deposit. I called Ford customer relations but they said they can't do anything.

Just putting on here as a customer review. I'm sure many have good dealings there, the salesman eric was good and friendly. However the GM needs a lesson in customer relations.
You can file a complaint with AMVIC (Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council) www.amvic.org or call them at 1-877-979-8100 or (780) 466-1140.

Good luck

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You can file a complaint with AMVIC (Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council) www.amvic.org or call them at 1-877-979-8100 or (780) 466-1140.

Good luck

this ^^

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, dealerships and car salesmen are scum. Tough times for them now, but IMHO that just provides an opportunity to show their character, or lack thereof.

I fired the guy I was using. Bought a new truck, and referred at least 5 other sales to him. Phoned and asked his opinion on a used suv I was looking at. Told me it was nothing special and I would find a better deal. Then a few months later calls me and wants to sell me the same vehicle with 60k more on it for $9000 more. Turns out the one he told me to walk away from was a unicorn deal that I have never seen anything close to again.

Another dealer wanted same amount for an old rental unit, and offered me 7k less for my f150 than a wholesaler would write a cheque for. Bunch of fawking scumbags

Top Bottom