Dayco Belts?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has tried a Dayco belt on there outlanders? Thanks

ckmoose

Reaction score
There has been lots of topics in the canam forums. The only Dayco to try on the outlander is the xtx2236. Not on an 800, only the 650 or 500. They wear our too fast and you lose a little performance at initial throttle.

I went back to oem and noticed the difference.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried them on my 700 King, it lasted one day. I still had the sheave for warranty so I sent it in. It cost me another $15 for shipping, I put the new one on, it still is on but I'm very nervous with it, I plan on going back to the oem. The price may be more but the reliability is better, and better hook up. xtx2234 for $90 garbage and cheaper ones are worst. Nyroc's ATV info website comments on these belts also.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to find a cheaper belt, 180 bucks a pop is a little touch to swallow( from Martins sports)

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I do agree with you on the price but if the other (cheap) belts let go, and you are say only a couple miles from where you started. And you are by yourself, it's a long walk back through the mud and up and down the hills. It's a piss off replacing a belt on the trail. For an extra $90 you get a peace of mine and good performance, It's up to you. Or what about going up a steep hill and the belt gives out and the quad starts to slide and you can't stop it, do you let it roll. Don't be so cheap, pay now or pay later. Just my 2 cents.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not being cheap, just cost conservative. It would leave more money for beer. :d

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 500 max XT with 27's So it might be okay,but I don't want to be Doing a belt on the trail . THANKS.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the dayco belt to be very good at keeping the cow pasture gate closed. It still wears fast,chatters ,cracks and slips, but the cows stay in.I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a cow pasture gate.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure it is the XTX as I think $40 is not the right price or it is a very good deal.

It was the cheaper one I didn't get It ,THEY WANT ME TO TRY THE XTX ,I'm paralyzed from the tits down walking out is not a option :nono:.Lol

Top Bottom