cutting a 15" track down to a 13"

rsw

Reaction score
Trying to figer out the best way to cut a 151"x15x2" down to a 13" any one here this? We got it flipped inside out and are thinking of tieing it together and useing a table saw, any thoughts?:confused:

GRD

Reaction score
Why? What will it be used for?

rsw

Reaction score
To give an F7 a little longer and a deeper track;)

rsw

Reaction score
yup thats all it will take in the tunnel

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen a few done. They did what you are doing, but used a band saw instead as they are not as tempermental as a table saw and will hold a straight line better. Go slow to try to melt the cut to seal.

We called the F7 the Chainsaw of death after as that narrow track really likes to cut a trench.

good luck

hardy

Reaction score
ya our local dealer here has cut a couple of them using a table saw he said that is the best way to do it but are you sure it is not a 13 1/2 inch wide on those firecats i could be wrong but good luck with it

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All Firecats from '03 to '06 are a 13.5" wide track. That 151 x 2" x 13.5" flipper should make that F7 climb. You loose floatation with the narrow track on the Firecats ofcousre but the narrow track is easier to spin (track speed) and in the right snow conditions the long track firecats really go! The F7 is a powerhouse... keep us posted on how thing go. Happy cutting :)Watch the fingers!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest a short wood blade on a saber saw/ sawsall, mark your cut line in a white paint pen and get a couple buddies to stretch it out some how and stablize the area your cutting and go thru one layer at a time but a table saw would be a little sketchy, good luck and why!!!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have ya tried calling a water jet cutter, I would'nt think they would charge much to cut 2 straight lines 4.5 feet long?

ken reich

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
when you cut it you will find it alot eaisier to do if you turn the track inside out, that way you can clamp it together , use a white marker,put down a line,lay it on a table same height as your band saw ,with a coarse blade you will find it goes pretty easy{you need 3 guys helping and holding}----ken

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just runner through the table saw.:D Be sure to post a video of someone losing a body part. Sounds hairy to me.

keyser79

Reaction score
i have done this using a table saw with the track turned inside out to cut down a 156 x 2.5" for my snopro... take it slow and make sure your fence is set up just right. make sure you have a powerful table saw. we used 2 people to make sure the cut was straight. i used a masonry blade to cauterise it. there are different masonry blades available, but im not sure which would be the best one to use.

Top Bottom