Custom Tire Chains

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where in Edmonton can I get custom made tire chains, chains built specific to my tire size. Not interested in generic or cable type, they are for my dually

Thanks Shawn

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is where I went and bought for extra large 37 tires and was 200 buck, good luck

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man, a dually with a set of triple tryggs....chew factor high

Im looking for a set for my half ton. What are triple tryggs? I was thinking V bar but if there are better one out there i would like to look at them before i buy.

Approx what is the cost for a set of four. 265/65-R17.

Thx

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a set for my half ton. What are triple tryggs? I was thinking V bar but if there are better one out there i would like to look at them before i buy.

Thx
triples are for dual wheel trucks, 3 rails with cross chains that connect them. trygg is a norweigian company that builds tire chains, the best in the business for off road truckin'.

these are triples

tryggs.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thx
v bars will be fine for any pickup. I think I paid 140 bucks for a pair of v bar chains from kal tire.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where your stuck and what your stuck in....Even on the dually I'll but single chains on the back if I'm pulling through somthing and have weight on, Have but them one front and one rear driving on icy hills, (would have but all four on if I had them) but crossed they got us up the hill, when every thing else some spinning out ... climbing a steep snowing hill with no weight, I put them on the front ....

"Just in case the odd person dosent get the implyied requirment, this only works with 4wd....."

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set of our old truck chains from work and cut em down to fit my duramax, they work fine
buddy did that with a set of truck chains for his dodge diesel, all four corners. way overkill but man they work great. rides pretty choppy on hard ground tho.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck is 4x4 and I can lock up the rear but I thought with chains only on the back I wouldn't be able to steer and the truck would just push.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton but I would road trip for the right deal. 265/65r17 Bridgestone blizzacks

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton but I would road trip for the right deal. 265/65r17 Bridgestone blizzacks
sorry them are probably a little small we have torn a few sets of triples down trygg's and sized em up for pick ups but am thinking your 65 sidewall may be a little short for what i got

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with tryggs for a pickup. Regular V bars work as well and are cheaper. The benefit of tryggs is that the cross links are fully hardened and last way longer. V bars are only surface hardened and will wear quicker, but for occasional use you'll never wear them out. Be sure to get cams installed on the rail chains. Makes tightening them way easier.

Top Bottom