Craftsmen 0r Master Craft Tools

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was looking at purchasing a full set of tools and wrenches and I was wondering which brand is better?

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between those to brand names I think they are about equal.... both come with life time replacement warranties.... to me, this is what counts... I'd go for the one that gives you the most for the buck you're about to spend...

Hey guys I was looking at purchasing a full set of tools and wrenches and I was wondering which brand is better?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They both have a 275 pc set on for $399 reg $799.00. So I know its a good deal just couldn't make my mind up which way to go. I am leaning towards the mastercraft maxmium though.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how much you like having Canadian tire money over Sears Points.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I don't have a sears card so I guess the CT money is a good way to go. Can always use it towards more tools right.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well for what its worth I have a tool box jammed full of snap on's over priced tools and to tell you the truth i have some mastercraft wrenches and sockets and I find their wrenches much more ergonomic for the hand then any competitors.:D

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found Sears to warranty anything, I watched a woman return a screwdriver she used with a hammer to chisel out something...returned & exchanged no problem. I even exchanged a 3/8" ratchet even though it was originally purchased at Eatons (hardware) many years ago. Sears exchanged it without problems even knowing it was from Eatons.

That all said, I also have alot of CT tools and find them equally as good. Haven't returned or echanged any yet.

Perhaps like others said, do you prefer CT money or Sears points.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go for the Mastercraft Professional Series, better bang for the buck. They always go on sale for decent prices and and of course CT Bucks. Have several sets of them and have been satisfied with the product. Still have a set of my dad's Blue Point combinations. You pay for what you get.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found Sears to warranty anything, I watched a woman return a screwdriver she used with a hammer to chisel out something...returned & exchanged no problem. I even exchanged a 3/8" ratchet even though it was originally purchased at Eatons (hardware) many years ago. Sears exchanged it without problems even knowing it was from Eatons.

That all said, I also have alot of CT tools and find them equally as good. Haven't returned or echanged any yet.

Perhaps like others said, do you prefer CT money or Sears points.

I once returned the shaft of a craftsman driver with a shard of plastic still on it, they replaced without question. I have also had some strange luck ordering their tools through catalogue. Once when I ordered a couple of single sockets I ended up with a set of four vise grips, when I phoned to tell them, they said sorry, keep the pliars and sent me the sockets. The last time I ordered tools from them they sent all the right tools plus a set of 25 screw drivers. Again I phoned to return them and they said keep it, our mistake, your luck.... Sorry to ramble on ....

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a tool box full of CT tools and have had good luck with them. I think they are just fine for garage and DIY kinda stuff. Don't use your credit card to buy them or you don't get the CT money.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got both and same thing, CT money is good, but i cant stand dealing with some of the pin heads they have behind the counter.I know at sears, i have never been asked what happened and such. My personal vote is for craftsman.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a variety of CT professional tools and have been very happy with them. Craftsmen also makes a good product. The reason I go with CT because I have a CT store just 5 minutes away from my house. Rumor has it that Snap On makes the professional series of tools for CT.

Britt

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Craftsman, absolutely hassle free warranty. Mastercraft is just as good in my books, but like someone else said, it's dealing with the pinheads for any warranty, you can't go wrong with either.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also use the CT professional series tools and have been very happy with them so far I have not had any warranty issues. For the home mechanic or hobbist the CT or Craftsmen tools are more than adequate infact there will be a good chance you will be handing these tools down to son or daughter when it comes time to hang up the wrenches.

Billy Boy:cool:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also on the CT tools I also herd that they were made by Snap On but it was probably a rumor and more than likely one of those Urban Myths:confused:

Billy Boy:cool:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like both sets of tools but the CT Electric tools( the ones with batteries ) I will never buy again. I use to buy their drills and whatever, well they keep changing the style so that you can only have warrenty for a few years. After a few times of taking the batteries back they told me they no longer make that style and I would have to upgrade to the new style at my cost.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used my Snap-on and Mac tools 8 hours a day for the last 34 years. I must be crazy. LOL. Craftsman and CT are the middle of the line, in my opinion. If your going to use them a home, on your own toys, they're fine. If your going into a trade, buy the better ones. That's my 2 cents.

Top Bottom