Craftsmen 0r Master Craft Tools

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used my Snap-on and Mac tools 8 hours a day for the last 34 years. I must be crazy. LOL. Craftsman and CT are the middle of the line, in my opinion. If your going to use them a home, on your own toys, they're fine. If your going into a trade, buy the better ones. That's my 2 cents.

Have to disagree with you, have been in the trade for 23 years now, the only thing worth buying from snap-on ( or as I prefer to call them snap- one) or mac are the specialty tools, as far as the regular sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers,etc. go, your paying for over-priced tools that aren't any better. I personally have broken more tools with the snap-on logo on them than any other brand. Just my .02.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We aren't really in the trade per say like a Mechanic, but we do own 7 rolling chests of tools at the shop and here is our opinion
The new canadian tire 4in1 gear drive wrenches are great for the sledders tool kit. 4 sizes in 1 handle cuts the tool kit down nicely.
I hate returning Craftsman tools for warranty because of mall parking.
The Snap-On guy brings us DONUTS.And VERY NICE CALENDERS.
Jet tools are good .No warranty issues, great parking at bolt supply house, always fresh coffee, always popcorn.Also some crazy discounted specials monthly.
I dont like Sears or Can Tire because they lock up, behind glass the good tools. I understand why....... I just dont like waiting for the person in the tupper ware department to open the cabinet.
Only my Jet tools stay rust free in my tool kit on the sled.
So I like Donuts,Coffee,Popcorn and CALENDERS.............So I pick SNAP-ON and JET TOOLS

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We aren't really in the trade per say like a Mechanic, but we do own 7 rolling chests of tools at the shop and here is our opinion
The new canadian tire 4in1 gear drive wrenches are great for the sledders tool kit. 4 sizes in 1 handle cuts the tool kit down nicely.
I hate returning Craftsman tools for warranty because of mall parking.
The Snap-On guy brings us DONUTS.And VERY NICE CALENDERS.
Jet tools are good .No warranty issues, great parking at bolt supply house, always fresh coffee, always popcorn.Also some crazy discounted specials monthly.
I dont like Sears or Can Tire because they lock up, behind glass the good tools. I understand why....... I just dont like waiting for the person in the tupper ware department to open the cabinet.
Only my Jet tools stay rust free in my tool kit on the sled.
So I like Donuts,Coffee,Popcorn and CALENDERS.............So I pick SNAP-ON and JET TOOLS

well at least your priorities are right for picking which tools are good
just curious what does your girlfriend bring in order for you to keep her around lol

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well at least your priorities are right for picking which tools are good
just curious what does your girlfriend bring in order for you to keep her around lol

Fugg the Warden hasn't been called a girlfriend in 25 years and hasn't been called a girl in 15 years.
Back to the ? She is a BIG WIG in the Insurance Biz $$$$$$$$$$. And people always say I'am a fawk-up with no talent.:p

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good thread. Snap-on, Mac, CT, Sears? Ford, Chev, Dodge, Import? Blonde, Brunette, Redhead? Gas or Diesel? At least we live in a place where we get choices. Could be in Russia,LOL.

Top Bottom