Costco Batteries

scottp

Reaction score
Anyone running Costco batteries in their diesel? They are quite a bit cheaper than everyone else and the only reviews out there for them are from places that don't get Alberta cold.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had good luck with Costco batteries. They seem too only last a year for me. The Cummins does not always get plugged in either. Buy nice or buy twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had them in my old Duramax, I ran them for 2 years without issue and they were already 3 years old when I bought the truck. They should last just as well as any conventional battery, I heard they are just a re branded Interstate Battery. And a battery heater blanket will significantly help the cold starting of any battery.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love Costco but their batteries suck.

Even their AA and AAA.
Roasted a GPS and $500 avi beacon due to leaky Costco batteries.

The electronics with the Duracell batteries all survived.... FML

Would even recommend Ukrainian tire before Costco batteries.

Have had good luck with Napa batteries.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's only a handful of battery manufactures so they are likely just rebranded. But I do know there house hold ones suck!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would you cheap out on the one thing that gets your truck started after a cold day outside. we have come back to the staging area after a day of riding with it -30 you need a good battery.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on what the warranty is go for it. I bought the good batteries from napa. Had to replace them once a year due to bad cells 3 times in a row. I have had the best luck with walmart batteries in both my trucks and atv's. I have a truck battery thats going on 15 years and still works great.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also is highly depend on the people you buy them from, the Napa I buy from everything is sitting on battery maintainers. I already know they haven't been sitting on the shelf stagnant for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had good luck with Costco batteries. They seem too only last a year for me. The Cummins does not always get plugged in either. Buy nice or buy twice.

I'm hurt!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Costco batteries in my diesel and have no issues. Even had one in my moms old ****ty car and and last year it sat and was never started, I boosted it and put it on a charge and was still good.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run them in everything. Cummins , highlander , fifth wheel.
They might not be the best batts out there but damn their cheap. And you can't beat costco satisfaction guarantee. 3 years replacement cost and the up to 7 yrs depreciation.
I left the batts in my fifth wheel a few winters ago. New fully charged and they both split open. Took them in and got two new ones no questions asked.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'd bother with them, my experience with Costco is they get manufacturers to cut corners to give the price advantage. I suspect the batteries would be the same, thinner plates or something. I bought a tv from Costco a few years ago that seemed identical to the one at bestbuy but was less money, reason it was less money they had cut a couple ports for hooking stereo stuff up. Return policy can't be beat though.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ROCKY BATTERIES for all large batteries
Last 5 - 7 years
Been using them on our cars - trucks - holiday trailers - boats - we find them to be excellent

My Duramax is never plugged in either and starts at any temperature (never warms up -- but always starts hahaha)

They also stand behind their warranty - no one is like Costco though!!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running 2 Costco six volt batteries on my trailer no issues in three years can't go wrong for 109.00 ea
bought a couple in the fall for a friend of mine for 49.00 each after some douche bag crackhead stole his right off his trailer

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Issues here with the two in my Ford diesel. I also run their 6 volt golf cart batteries in my trailer. For the 6V GC batteries, there were urmours of thinner or less plates. Put them on a scale and they weighed the same as a Trojan 6V. Do your research and you will find out thier batteries are nto that bad at all. Great price, great warranty, and lots of locations to deal with if ever on the road and need a replacement. Stock always seems to show current dates so they must be moving a lot them without issue.

700WFO

Reaction score
Have been using Costco (Kirkland Signature) batteries for 12 years now without ever having any of the previous issues I've had before. Shorted plates, not holding charge etc. It's the only battery I have never had any warranty issue with, and has long out-lived anything else I have tried.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My original costco battery had always felt a bit week, and if I left my car parked for a couple weeks it would be too dead to even turn the starter. I confirmed with a DVM that my idle current draw was very low, so it wasn't the car's fault. I finally got tired of charging and boosting it and exchanged it at Costco. I think they screwed me on the core rebate but the new one works better, and confirms my old battery was a dud.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back up as I need a rv battery for my camper and will need a starting battery for my motorhome soon. So they have been ok with the rv batteries? Crappy tire only last a couple years.

Top Bottom