Convince me that Ski-Doo's new 10 1/4" screen is worth the $$

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do agree it does look a little funny so i am second guessing myself now, not because of the guage functionality but just how they didn't make the guage plastic for the small guage aesthetically pleasing......

I agree it does not look right, I hope the production model is more refined, but There is a shortage of the new gauge anyway.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they should get together and come up with a system that can track others regardless of brand. kind of a safety thing.

agreed, the technology exists and is working very very good on the Polaris.

at this point i think BRP should trade shot for the the polaris guage. LOL

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
totally. i wish they could get shot to function first thing also. i hate pull starting sleds at this age.

the problem is Polaris would need to redesign their engine and electrical system. Its not a quick retrofit. The ETEC having direct injection capability is able to start the engine on a single stroke BDC to TDC ( possibly even less)

the Polaris with its standard automotive style injectors in the throttle body takes too many revolutions for the engine to bring in the fuel and therefor the shot sized capacitor wouldn't have enough juice to make enough revolutions for the engine to start.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Said i wasnt going to snowcheck but after diggin deeper into the changes, and tweaks plus the 180hp all the time i ended up snow checking a all black 154 expert with the small gauge. My dealer has a few left redhead powersports,

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem is Polaris would need to redesign their engine and electrical system. Its not a quick retrofit. The ETEC having direct injection capability is able to start the engine on a single stroke BDC to TDC ( possibly even less)

the Polaris with its standard automotive style injectors in the throttle body takes too many revolutions for the engine to bring in the fuel and therefor the shot sized capacitor wouldn't have enough juice to make enough revolutions for the engine to start.
We had an old XP with the old fasion starter and had a capacitor in it instead of the battery. It would crank several rotations before it would run down so I'm sure it would be fine on any brand. My Polaris starts with a simple flick of the wrist after it is warm so no need for the extra weight and complexity of direct injection. Skidoo mechanic told me it was a 7 lb penalty to have DI.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1464.png

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you buddy’s can have one as well.Fits most all brands

Still not a factory integrated unit. It is a nice option but you now have 2 gauges to look at if needed. If they could have integrated all the factory sensors, alarms, info... into the unit to completely replace the factory gauge it would have been much more useful.

https://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system

Makes a gauge that replaces the factory unit and has some additional features that are nice. Has its version of "buddy tracking" that uses GoTenna Mesh but according to them wont work with Canadian mapping.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the 14:20 minute mark he mounts it in the factory location on an axys. Could probably also utilize the pro gauge lifter kit. Or fab something.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ordered new summit T with 4.5 display. If I can’t read it because it is covered in snow, its not happening! For the most part they are always covered. Polaris at least propped theirs up so it is readable. Gas, temp and rpm is all I care about. But that Polaris gauge is sure nice…

Top Bottom