Convince me that Ski-Doo's new 10 1/4" screen is worth the $$

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Convince me that this is worth the money.
1644880888891.png

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont see the value in it right now, if it did the tracking like the Polaris then 100% yes. But unfortunately it only does that when you are in cellular service. ( i could be wrong ) that being said i would hate to get the sled without that guage and then BRP releases a software update that allows tracking without cellular coverage.

GPS is cool and all but how many times were you really in a situation where you needed GPS? i know for myself the only way i get lost is down a creek and there is only one way out of that scenerio

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont see the value in it right now, if it did the tracking like the Polaris then 100% yes. But unfortunately it only does that when you are in cellular service. ( i could be wrong ) that being said i would hate to get the sled without that guage and then BRP releases a software update that allows tracking without cellular coverage.

GPS is cool and all but how many times were you really in a situation where you needed GPS? i know for myself the only way i get lost is down a creek and there is only one way out of that scenerio

I'll be sticking with my trusty hand held.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can almost guarantee they will have some sort of module plugin addition for this down the road. At least the new display gives them lots of options for software updates easily

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it has any kind of GPS tracking on it then it’s a must have. I can not tell you how many bad visibility days we have salvaged by having a touch screen GPS to guide us back to the goodies on Boulder. It’s hilarious putting 80-100 kms on and come back to the cabin to sign out and seeing 200 sleds there that probably made it only that far all day.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it has any kind of GPS tracking on it then it’s a must have. I can not tell you how many bad visibility days we have salvaged by having a touch screen GPS to guide us back to the goodies on Boulder. It’s hilarious putting 80-100 kms on and come back to the cabin to sign out and seeing 200 sleds there that probably made it only that far all day.
The guys on the polaris love it and looking down at your rino in a snowstorm is no fun thats forsure if it has gps its worth it but at 1500 it is a pretty exspensive option i just hope there is some strength with it being that large

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys on the polaris love it and looking down at your rino in a snowstorm is no fun thats forsure if it has gps its worth it but at 1500 it is a pretty exspensive option i just hope there is some strength with it being that large
But how much does it cost to drive to Revy, pay for rooms and fuel, meals and then sit at the cabin all day because you happened to hit one of Revy’s famous fog/snow white out days?

Top Bottom