Communication problem

go big

Reaction score
08 xp. Cluster reads communication. Goes in and out. SLed still runs fine. I took apart and unhooked all connections. Let dry out and sprayed electrical contact cleaner in all. Re hooked still reads communication than everything works and back to fail. What can be wrong. Is my ECM wrecked?

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
08 xp. Cluster reads communication. Goes in and out. SLed still runs fine. I took apart and unhooked all connections. Let dry out and sprayed electrical contact cleaner in all. Re hooked still reads communication than everything works and back to fail. What can be wrong. Is my ECM wrecked?

Same just happened to me did you find anything out?

go big

Reaction score
Same just happened to me did you find anything out?

Apparently the male connector on the harness has some loose spots in it. Dealer says sled will still run normal just because its into the gauge not ECM.

Manatee

Reaction score
This was in another thread, but I'll answer it the same way.
I'm pretty sure that you have some bent pins in the big main plug that goes into your guages. Sled will run fine, but you won't get any readings (speed, Alt etc.).
Happened to my 08. Pull the guages out of the dash. No need to take anything else apart. Just be careful with that bezel. Once that's off, unplug the big plug and take a look at the back of the guage cluster. I'll bet you a case of beer that you have bent pins. Straighten em, clean em up, and carefully plug em back in.
Should be good to go.

Top Bottom