clutches getting smokin hot on rev

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dunno what a clicker is lol kinda sad :confused:

No worries man, on you primary there are three adjustable bolts these bolts will adjust you ramps on the inside of your primary and will increase or decrease your max rpm one # position will change your max rpm by about 200, when you go to adjust your clicker, NEVER take the clicker bolt out of the clutch, there are washers in there that will fall out and than the clutch needs to be taken apart to put them back, and just make sure the line is on the same number on each bolt there are three of them, it's as simple as loosing the nut and pushing the bolt head up enough so you can turn it to the new position, I always made it a habit of leaving the nut on so when you tapped on the bolt it wouldn't come out of the clutch.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok dudes what im saying is take the bolt out of your secondary clutch, there should be a lock washer on the bolt first then a heavy washer, behind the heavy washer you'll find 3 shims(i hope) remove 2 of the shims so that your clutch can float freely on the shaft and install your bolt with the lock washer, the heavy washer and 1 shim. ;)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have your clutches always gotten hot or is this something that just started happening??

dieselboy

Reaction score
well boys i think i found the problem lol clutch heat dont bother me no more because...... i took her for a little boot today about 6 miles later she seized up on me.. so i played with the primary until it was spinning again and it actually got me back to the trailer, went home and took it apart and the top exhuast sides of the piston were nicely rounded lol (aftermarket pistons possibly wiseco? they have a blue coating?) but i have 1 question until i stop buggin you guys, on my rev when i got it (last year) the senser on the top of the air box was unpluged, so i pluged it back in no power difference so i thought maybe its not supposed to be plugged in with the mods that have been done so i unplugged it again rode it in the mountains and around edson abit (with it unpluged) then i figured it might have something to do with the dpm so i plugged it in again (too late to save motor? i dunno) ran fine but then it seemed to loose power when it got hot (bad pistons loosing compression? i dunno) thats my exciting story and now its apart in my garage

dieselboy

Reaction score
lol thanks , anyone know if the air box senser does anything? does not being plugged in hurt?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the engine, what you were describing to me last night didn't seem to be a clutching issue,I'm not sure what that sensor is for? i'm going to ask the dealer what that is for tomorrow.

dieselboy

Reaction score
oh i should tell u guys my sled has a SLP head (domes dont know which ones) piped up and its supposebly ported and polished : premium fuel not enough for Edson altitude?(3000feet)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what you are describing it sounds like it detonated which is poor fuel.. it probably needs a little race gas mixed in wit hit for riding down here anyway.. Do you know if it hurt the cylinders yet??

dieselboy

Reaction score
yes the right cylinder is scared left looks fine, surprisingly with the piston rounded, so do you think that octane boost with premium would work? when i bought it he said the pistons were for race sleds, good idea to put race pistons back in?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh i should tell u guys my sled has a SLP head (domes dont know which ones) piped up and its supposebly ported and polished : premium fuel not enough for Edson altitude?(3000feet)
With your mods to be on the safe side you should be adding a little race fuel, how do you know are getting premium at the pump, I'm not a big fan of these 3 grade 1 hose pumps. and i'd be finding out what comp ratio the head is. This failure sounds fuel related.

dieselboy

Reaction score
so how do i tell which domes are in it? compression test when i get it back together? the shell V power not premium? or if it is couldn't i just add octane boost?

Top Bottom