clutches getting smokin hot on rev

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how do i tell which domes are in it? compression test when i get it back together? the shell V power not premium? or if it is couldn't i just add octane boost?
I dunno how you would tell, without a p/n on the head,Maybe If you measure the squish with silver solder after the engine is assembled someone on here like glenine might be able to help you with the compression ratio, and I'm not a big fan of shell gasoline I don't like there additives it turns clear gas tanks yellow, stick with esso or petro-canada, but this is my personal preference.
I have no experience with octane boost, so I cantt help you there. sorry

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alitude is ok but I would call slp and find out what the comp ratio is, this is important in determining if a higher octane fuel is to be used. Or you can call ken at spectiaity sleds in edmonton he might be able to help you.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ratio might be stamped in the back side of the domes if they are removable.. And octane boos twont help you out, all's it'll do is rtaise it like 1 octane. What you should do is run like 2G per tank of C111 if nothing else it's a good insurance deal incase you ge tbad fuel.. I know that ken gets all his premium at the husky in ST. Albert.. They seem to go thru alot of it,s o it's fresh.. But if you call slp they should be able to tell you what ratio the heads are for that alltitude.. If you need you can call the shop and talk to ken, cause we have cyl that have been renikasiled, you would just exchange yours and i'm not sure what the cost wiould be but it's not to bad if i remember.. Just dont want to qoute you a price cause i cant remember for sure what they are now..

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ratio might be stamped in the back side of the domes if they are removable.. And octane boos twont help you out, all's it'll do is rtaise it like 1 octane. What you should do is run like 2G per tank of C111 if nothing else it's a good insurance deal incase you ge tbad fuel.. I know that ken gets all his premium at the husky in ST. Albert.. They seem to go thru alot of it,s o it's fresh.. But if you call slp they should be able to tell you what ratio the heads are for that alltitude.. If you need you can call the shop and talk to ken, cause we have cyl that have been renikasiled, you would just exchange yours and i'm not sure what the cost wiould be but it's not to bad if i remember.. Just dont want to qoute you a price cause i cant remember for sure what they are now..

Doesn't Husky blend their fuel with ethanol, or is that Mohawk?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Husky blend their fuel with ethanol, or is that Mohawk?

Thats mohawk.. I'm not a fan of it.. I run husky in my truck to and runs good. I even seem to get better milage with husky over shell.. I just dont run mohawk in anything.

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah sorry husky gas is ethanol blended. Because husky and mokawk are the same company.
Husky Energy

Really I did not know that i'll have to look whe n i get fuel tomorrow.. Good to know.. But the husky does seem to work really well in my truck and all of kens sleds. Pretty much most of his riding buddies get there fuel there to.. Hey it seems to work well so, it's all good..

dieselboy

Reaction score
thx guys i appreciate all the help. hey glengine you mined giving me kens number im going in to edmonton tommorrow to drop off my cylinders and if ken has pistons on hand too i can get her back together tomoorrow night.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx guys i appreciate all the help. hey glengine you mined giving me kens number im going in to edmonton tommorrow to drop off my cylinders and if ken has pistons on hand too i can get her back together tomoorrow night.

I think he gave it to you in one of his posts, if you didn't find out the compression ration take your head in with you so he can have a look. if you can afford it can you say 827 RKtec kit LOL :D

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he gave it to you in one of his posts, if you didn't find out the compression ration take your head in with you so he can have a look. if you can afford it can you say 827 RKtec kit LOL :D

The 827's work well.. I beleive that is the kit thats in rons sled.. The only problem is that we've done several of those kits in the last short bit and are waiting for our cylinders that are in the rotation to come back.. They are out getting ported and resized and renikasiled.

dieselboy

Reaction score
how much do the 827 cost? im switching to a apex turbo next year so i dont want to spend crazy amounts of money. and i'll be dropping my cylinders off at specialtly sleds for sure tommorrow

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to sure.. Ken can let you know tomorrow. Cause i cant remember.. I concentrate mainly on builing and working on the sleds..

Top Bottom