Climate emergency!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Who's going to a climate rally tomorrow? Apparently if we all skip out on work and school we can save the planet. Mass extinction is imminent! Elizabeth May is a magician. She can limit the amount of warming to 1.5 degrees!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's going to a climate rally tomorrow? Apparently if we all skip out on work and school we can save the planet. Mass extinction is imminent! Elizabeth May is a magician. She can limit the amount of warming to 1.5 degrees!
I, like you and likely everyone on this site, am going to WORK. We have to in order for the government to tax us to pay the SLOTHS that attend these endless stupid protests.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These stupid f’n rallies are twice a week in Revelstoke now. WTF I just don’t get it . I suppose all the granolas can go home feeling good about themselves and that they are saving the planet by attending a rally . As long as it doesn’t interfere with their yoga classes or healing circles. Head on home in their Subaru and throw another chunk of wet firewood in the stove and crank the air off so it doesn’t burn up too fast.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These stupid f’n rallies are twice a week in Revelstoke now. WTF I just don’t get it . I suppose all the granolas can go home feeling good about themselves and that they are saving the planet by attending a rally . As long as it doesn’t interfere with their yoga classes or healing circles. Head on home in their Subaru and throw another chunk of wet firewood in the stove and crank the air off so it doesn’t burn up too fast.

yeah revelstoke really attracts the man bun hippy types

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There used to be a joke that there was 3 kinds of people: Those that made things happen, Those that watched things happen, and Those that wondered what the hel! just happened. That joke needs to be amended to include Those that b!tch about things hoping one of the other 3 will fix them.

That's all these protests are, yelling and chanting hoping someone else will legislate or create a solution to the problem while offering no solution other than their loud mouths.

I'm all for renewable energy and energy efficiency, and have made progress to improve on these aspects in my own way of living, yet I also understand that every cent spent on this endeavor was paid for by the extraction of oil and gas. Canada is no different than my own situation, there is no future for tomorrow without the revenue generated from the oil and gas industry today.

Last edited:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take your sleds, pull them out of the trailer and light 'em up. see what they do. be sure to add excess oil to the fuel first though.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But hey Trudeau giving us $2000 to go camping and have a nice carbon emitting fire, not to mention the gas for my razors or the diesel to pull the trailers.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But hey Trudeau giving us $2000 to go camping and have a nice carbon emitting fire, not to mention the gas for my razors or the diesel to pull the trailers.

Let's not get all crazy. We can still all go camping....however, you'll have to replace your campfire with a nice solar powered light. Replace your razors with a canoe or kayak (your choice) and swap out that dirty diesel for a nice prius to drive. Finish it all off with a nice relaxing herbal tea.

Top Bottom