Clicking Sound in rear end

LeoClark

Reaction score
I have a clicking sound in the rear end passenger side. sounds like the tire side of the shaft.
Just wondering if anyone had any idea if its a shaft or bearing about to pile up so i can order some parts beforehand. Also i need bushings so lifting the tire and wiggling to check the bearing does't work out.
Thanks

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a clicking sound in the rear end passenger side. sounds like the tire side of the shaft.
Just wondering if anyone had any idea if its a shaft or bearing about to pile up so i can order some parts beforehand. Also i need bushings so lifting the tire and wiggling to check the bearing does't work out.
Thanks
Clicking on UTV.. if not the CV joint then....... probably brake caliper braket........give it a wiggle by hand...and tighten as needed........ think it's a 17mm socket needed.......hope that helps........

LeoClark

Reaction score
Its on a King Quad 700. Pretty sure its a CV joint. Just wondering if its a warning sign that i should replace it. I've heard of some people leaving them quite some time without issue when they do this.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its on a King Quad 700. Pretty sure its a CV joint. Just wondering if its a warning sign that i should replace it. I've heard of some people leaving them quite some time without issue when they do this.
sometimes the outer tend to break from the shaft.........depending on the riding your doing I would replace it .......... or at least pull the boot back and check it out and grease the hell out of it......hope it never sticks ya in the bush.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Once your CV joint clicks it is toast!! Replace immediately. Not too hard to do your self although they can be a little pricey. Take it apart and check sometimes it is just the bearings. But if it clicks when your turning it's most likely the CV.

Top Bottom