Clarification on highway one closures east of golden

hardcorex

Reaction score
It says on drive bc that highway 1 is closed from 10pm - 7am. Is there an actual time prior to that that you have to reroute through radium?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how I read it is detour will add 1.5 hr to the trip I would think that the detour would be marked out (but this is bc} I drive here and see never ending stream of unbelievable khaos

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It says on drive bc that highway 1 is closed from 10pm - 7am. Is there an actual time prior to that that you have to reroute through radium?
The way I understand it is if you don't make it to that zone by 10pm then you are gonna have to turn around and take the detour to get into Golden

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I understand it is if you don't make it to that zone by 10pm then you are gonna have to turn around and take the detour to get into Golden
I've heard this as well. Guys making it to the construction and getting turned around. So basically if you're hitting 93 anytime after 9PM on clear roads, you better turn.

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s fully open during morning and afternoon rush hours,small rolling closures in between rush hours

hardcorex

Reaction score
So basically they saying if can’t be in golden prior to 10pm with a possible half hour delay make the detour at 93 prior to

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
They probably block the road at the detour junction at the right time
They don’t on the Banff side. If you are at Castle junction by 8:30 and roads are clear you should be ok. After 8:30 it’s a gamble if you will make it or not. If on the golden side it doesn’t matter as the block is right in town. If you go past castle junction and not make the closure it’s a long ways back and around.

Top Bottom