Christmas Songs, Movies, Traditions...... Post your Favorites

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, as I'm sure we're all well aware, its now December 1st and the Jolly Season is upon us, I thought we should have a thread that's a little lighter than all the negativity surrounding the current world events.

Post up your favorite Christmas Songs or Movies, or Traditions on this thread.

Christmas for my family was not a good time last year with the loss of my Grandma on December 24, so I'm trying not to let that anniversary dampen my spirit this year.

I'll start:

My favorite Christmas Song has always been Little Drummer Boy.

Favorite Christmas Movie: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, followed closely by the Original Home Alone.

Favorite Traditions, anything to do with family, immediate or extended

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Six white boomers is a must listen for me Tyler! Getting together for an evening of food, drinks and visiting/Texas Hold’em with my cousins before Christmas is my favorite tradition by far. Better than Xmas day by far.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
watching 8 legged freaks, xmas eve was a tradition... also the Bruce Willis series(yipee kayay mother f@cker$)....
So there is a Ford Mustang running around Sherwood Park that has xmas lites on it everywhere... every body line etc has a string of lites on it. It is bright at nite. Kinda kool!!! I have no idea how they've attached the lites, as it always seems to be coming towards me at nite, when I see it.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50_inch_leg_lamp_leg_only_christmas_story_canada__87296.1425310928.jpg

wife ordered one of these for the office window.
gotta watch a christmas story every year.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard this song on the radio one time and been hooked ever since.

My other vise is the Fireplace TV channel. Or the Fire log or whatever its called.
Pretty intense when he comes in to stoke the fire every now and then! 😁

Last edited:

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trading Places - Dan Aykroyd's drunk Santa is the best then crashes with Jamie Lee Curtis at her hottest - not Christmas without it!
Most Christmas music is pure crap - can't understand how / why anyone let Seager release Little Drummer Boy ... radio has been beating Christmas music to death here for past week but come Boxing Day it's done even though Christmas has only begun ....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trading Places - Dan Aykroyd's drunk Santa is the best then crashes with Jamie Lee Curtis at her hottest - not Christmas without it!
Most Christmas music is pure crap - can't understand how / why anyone let Seager release Little Drummer Boy ... radio has been beating Christmas music to death here for past week but come Boxing Day it's done even though Christmas has only begun ....
I think FM 95.9 in Calgary has been playing Christmas Carols since Nov 12th. Waaaaaaaaaay to early.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard this sing on the radio one time and been hooked ever since.

My other vise is the Fireplace TV channel. Or the Fire log or whatever its called.
Pretty intense when he comes in to stoke the fire every now and then! 😁

I also love watching the fire place, Christmas vacation, and the Charlie Brown Christmas. Usually watch a Christian program about the birth of Christ Christmas Eve.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
National lampoons Christmas vacay is my fav, I’ll watch it like 5 times this month probably as well as the first two Home Alones. I’m not much for Christmas tunes or the gift portion of Christmas, way to commercial for me, it’s all about how much you can spend these days it seems.But really enjoy getting together with friends and family for drinks and good eats. Pretty much work every Christmas it seems so really enjoy quad time pay for Christmas and Boxing Day and New Years, little merry Christmas money for me.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s only two types of people in the world, those think die hard is a Christmas movie and those who are wrong!
Yep - tied with Trading Places for #1! Nat Lampoon Christmas Vacation + Elf in 2 & 3 and Love Actually in 4th for Bill Nighy's aging rocker portrail plus Rowan Atkinson as the clerk.

Top Bottom