Chev vs Ford ... Rumboe in the Rockies ... third party results!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i,m putting my 2 cents in I have both chev and ford trucks in my co. and i can tell you first hand {i get the repair bills} my chev duromax has cost me 5 times more in service than the ford they both have the same km. i will give you an example 3000.oo to fix an oring in my allison tranny thankyou chev ouch. do your self a favor get a cummons they run forever my buddy has one with 550000 km on it and still going and he hauls horses with it

hmm sounds like the dealer may have hosed you a little bit on that part u can replace the whole tranny for around $5000 from gm and under $2500 for a rebuild kit w/torgue converter from aftermarket. cummins is nice drivetrain is not the greatest but if you run your trucks bone stock it is great put a decent chip in and you started having problems and yes i have tested this theory by using only a 60 hp chip from dr.performance and slipped the tranny everytime i touched the gas. My chev costs me a whopping $100 every 14000 km's for oil changes never had a tranny,injector, motor,u-joint or any part for that matter fail and yes it is my 4 duramax and only thing that costs me money is maintenance and nothing else! Will agree with ya the old 5.9 cummins is a great motor drivetrain hell no! glad they worked on there trannies a bit more for the 6.7 to make them hold a bit more power cant wait to see what they offer in 2012 supposed to be some big rumours about an 8 speed tranny! All I gotta say is glad to see the big 3 competing with the diesels and making a diesel war like the musclecar era was it will do good things for the consumers! All 3 keep up the good work it's fun bugging guys about the different trucks but in the end they all cost you money when they work you are happy when they dont we get pissed off just like sleds!

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm sounds like the dealer may have hosed you a little bit on that part u can replace the whole tranny for around $5000 from gm and under $2500 for a rebuild kit w/torgue converter from aftermarket. cummins is nice drivetrain is not the greatest but if you run your trucks bone stock it is great put a decent chip in and you started having problems and yes i have tested this theory by using only a 60 hp chip from dr.performance and slipped the tranny everytime i touched the gas. My chev costs me a whopping $100 every 14000 km's for oil changes never had a tranny,injector, motor,u-joint or any part for that matter fail and yes it is my 4 duramax and only thing that costs me money is maintenance and nothing else! Will agree with ya the old 5.9 cummins is a great motor drivetrain hell no! glad they worked on there trannies a bit more for the 6.7 to make them hold a bit more power cant wait to see what they offer in 2012 supposed to be some big rumours about an 8 speed tranny! All I gotta say is glad to see the big 3 competing with the diesels and making a diesel war like the musclecar era was it will do good things for the consumers! All 3 keep up the good work it's fun bugging guys about the different trucks but in the end they all cost you money when they work you are happy when they dont we get pissed off just like sleds!

dont get to excited about some of these coments, they are just trolling. look at some of their post counts, new users...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we like getting people worked up on here it makes things fun it's like the old maxwell vs LHF threads good entertainment some good facts on here by everyone turned into a good thread

Top Bottom