Chev vs Ford ... Rumboe in the Rockies ... third party results!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your rite you would see chevy opening up even more of a lead on ford it wouldnt even be funny how badly the chev would beat up on the ford

bsmi021

Reaction score
The battle of Chev,vs ford, vs dodge will go on for ever and there people who will not move from there position, and all this dose is create more show downs. When will men get are of there high horse truck and relines that.
I never get into any battle with someone who feels that there truck is better because it is a waste of my time.
I will stay with my Chev trucks as long as i can drive.and i am sure other will stay with there choice also, so keep the blog lines humming guys!::patriot:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes ford may be all american design but the all american design is crappin the bed in a big way! shell canada at the waterton gas plant but all new ford's for there fleet this year and well guess what the trucks have spent more time in the shop on a hoist than in the fields. Also why do you think so many people replace there FORD motors with CUMMINS motors... ford is known to fail and fail badly! the reason you see so many fords for fleet vehicles is because who in there right minds is gonna give there employees a nice truck like a chev or dodge to go rat bag and have to replace every 100,000 km's there just a overpriced disposable truck! a 5 year old chevy is worth atleast $8,000-10,000 more than the ford and the ford cost more to buy! everyone knows that the import vehicles are the better built vehicles compared to domestic and yes chevy motor is made by import izuzu and is working quite well!

So because one company has some issues with their fleet all Fords are automatically condemned as piles of chit?:rolleyes: From what I've been reading/hearing, Ford's new 6.7 is doing fairly well since being release earlier this year. And the Duramax is built in Ohio... Designed by Isuzu, yes but built in the States. All trucks are garbage, one might have a more durable engine, stronger frame, drivetrain etc but in the end they all break, wear out and cost you money.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All trucks are garbage, one might have a more durable engine, stronger frame, drivetrain etc but in the end they all break, wear out and cost you money.

I agree they all have their good and bad points.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get a lemon no matter which one of the 3 you buy...so hopefully after shelling out $60-$70,000 you end up with a reliable truck and as long as you are happy with it who cares??

salbendidi

Reaction score
lets just say this, at the end of the day the dodge diesel holds its value better then the chev or ford. that says it all. v8 diesels are crap. i dont know about you boys but i LOVE CUMMIN! :d

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heh cheby also provided the ford for the test which started to raise flags for me when I first read about this test last month.

Yeah it looks like the turbos cant produce the air at altitude but do I really care if i am a minute or 2 slower hauling a full load up a mountain...not really, give me the ford anyways, atleast I wouldn't leave dents on the tin hood from my hands when I close it

if you read in the beginning the magazine guys said they picked the trucks off the lot at random and gm paid for them. they even ran the chevy with more people in it to have the most even truck weight, the chevy is a bit lighter

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chevy has a great motor the duramax its to bad the rest of the truck was that good but chevy didn,t design the motor they went to japan to get their motor the allison tranny not sure who builds that but ford has a winner with the 6.7 reguardless of the test that was done who knows. but it will be a ford in my drivway all american designed:)

haha the duramax was designed jointly by izuzu and gm and is built in ohio, must be a state in japan...

it is made by a company called dmax which is owned by gm, izuzu has no share in it.

allisons trannies have been in busses, tanks and big iron for years... they also made aircraft engines for fighters in ww2

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my Silverado!

I also like the fact that the test driver was a former designer for Ford, and that Ford had refused to lend out a truck for this test. IF anything, the odds are in the Fords favour, so just goes to show...

:chevy:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jaredszakacs you need to stop believing everything you read online, and get some real facts. HP/TQ numbers for example from the manufactures mean nothing. Line them all up in REAL tests side by side with a nice trailer in the mountains and see how they do, ford and chevy have to conduct tests were they can win by "creative" ways. And as far as Cummins changing motors, you need to get some information, how long was the 5.9 in the dodge trucks? Let's see now, approximately 20 years? I don't follow the duramax, but the mid 90's had that awful gas conversion that you could barely consider a diesel, and that no one in their right mind would ever use today. They've changed motors more then dodge. But funny how many 12v Cummins from then are still around and tuned will run with any of the new diesel motors.

Plain and simple, anyone who doesn't agree the Cummins is the best motor of the big 3 doesn't know motors. The rest of the truck is arguable, but the motor ain't. A V8 diesel is a retarded design, they learned that a long time ago in the big trucks.

But do keep enjoying IFS, that sit like 5" off the ground and will bottom out going over a frigging curb. Government motors is pathetic.

Dodge doesn't make that good of a truck, but the motor wins it, and the truck is still better then what GM makes, so whatever.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jaredszakacs you need to stop believing everything you read online, and get some real facts. HP/TQ numbers for example from the manufactures mean nothing. Line them all up in REAL tests side by side with a nice trailer in the mountains and see how they do, ford and chevy have to conduct tests were they can win by "creative" ways. And as far as Cummins changing motors, you need to get some information, how long was the 5.9 in the dodge trucks? Let's see now, approximately 20 years? I don't follow the duramax, but the mid 90's had that awful gas conversion that you could barely consider a diesel, and that no one in their right mind would ever use today. They've changed motors more then dodge. But funny how many 12v Cummins from then are still around and tuned will run with any of the new diesel motors.

Plain and simple, anyone who doesn't agree the Cummins is the best motor of the big 3 doesn't know motors. The rest of the truck is arguable, but the motor ain't. A V8 diesel is a retarded design, they learned that a long time ago in the big trucks.

But do keep enjoying IFS, that sit like 5" off the ground and will bottom out going over a frigging curb. Government motors is pathetic.

Dodge doesn't make that good of a truck, but the motor wins it, and the truck is still better then what GM makes, so whatever.

Hey man maybe you should get your info straight as well before running your mouth posting as well! gm is a dmax but made by izuzu or has shares with izuzu! yes the cummins isreliable no disagreement there but hell my chev stock to stock will murder a cummins on any given day! so a retarded design is thv8 diesels so why are we using them an walking all over the inline 6? yeah I love my IFS smooth ride durable and yeah obviously pretty tough if the guys winning the diesel power challenges are rocking IFS suspension Explain that one to me? So if dodge motor is so awesome then why did it not even compete this year and oh yeah i have dynoed against a 2010 dodge w/same mods and mine and well he fell about 50 hp short and close to 95 ft/lbs short of my duramax power so yeah keep telling me chev is chit while you drive that rattle box clunking cummins! yeah keep telling yourself tunned they will run with the new diesels maybe after you do tranny and fuel pumps and and injectores will they touch a mildly tuned chev or ford that is new! I'll gladly bring a 2011 dmax from our store to match up beside your little cummins or ford or hell lets hook up the enclosed trailers and go for a tow off up the passes here! yes the duramax was in production in 01 and guess what same fawking motor 6.6 not 5.9 or 6.7 or ford 7.3,6.0,6.4,6.7 yeah thats rite 1 motor 1 design just keep improving so big deal the cummins was in vehicles for 20 years they switched and went to 6.7 so obviously they seen it was finally time to retire that old tired 5.9 wich i'm sure dmax will do with there 6.6 when the time comes and it still isnt murdering fords and dodges no sense changing it now it is the motor trned truck of the year walking on the ford and cummins! congrats to ford though for being so close on this test must suck to be a dodge who couldnt even meet the gvw weight:d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is made by a company called dmax which is owned by gm, izuzu has no share in it.

dmax is the name of the motor gm and izuzu make the dmax motor

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This article is about Duramax V-8. For Duramax 6 cylinder, see Isuzu 6H Engine .
Duramax Diesel engine Manufacturer DMAX
Production 2001–
Predecessor 6.2 and 6.5 L Detroit Diesel
The Duramax is General Motors diesel engine family for light- and medium-duty trucks, designed by Isuzu. The 6.6 liter Duramax is produced by DMAX, a joint venture between GM and Isuzu in Moraine, Ohio. This engine was initially installed in 2001 model year Chevy and GMC trucks and has been an option since then in pickups, vans, and medium-duty trucks. In 2006, production at Moraine was reportedly limited to approximately 200,000 engines per year.[1] On May 9, 2007, DMAX announced the production of the 1,000,000th Duramax V-8 diesel at its Moraine facility.[1]

hmmmmmm now who needs to go check there facts :nono: maybe you guys should check your facts just a bit more on who makes who!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cyle you say to check my #'s well sir here are the numbers for the BIG 3 diesel trucks lets begin shall we:
-ford 400 hp/800 ftlbs
-gmc 397/765
-dodge 350/650 (2010 model)

you also say cyle that the v8 motors are junk so why is cummins thinking of adopting it for there new 2011 diesels they are thinking of having two options inline 6 and v8 so hmmmm cant be so bad now that the beloved cummins is finally seeing that the v8's are a good motor!

also you speak of putting them side by side and see who wons well sir they did that on this competion and well the chev won so you said something about getting the power to the ground well that comes in the form of the tranny and well I thought for had this oh so amazing tranny that was gonna walk on everybody well what happened there the underpowered chev with that crappy allison tranny just layed a @$$ kicking on that new ford got love that IZUZU CHEVY power

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
cyle you say to check my #'s well sir here are the numbers for the BIG 3 diesel trucks lets begin shall we:
-ford 400 hp/800 ftlbs
-gmc 397/765
-dodge 350/650 (2010 model)

you also say cyle that the v8 motors are junk so why is cummins thinking of adopting it for there new 2011 diesels they are thinking of having two options inline 6 and v8 so hmmmm cant be so bad now that the beloved cummins is finally seeing that the v8's are a good motor!

also you speak of putting them side by side and see who wons well sir they did that on this competion and well the chev won so you said something about getting the power to the ground well that comes in the form of the tranny and well I thought for had this oh so amazing tranny that was gonna walk on everybody well what happened there the underpowered chev with that crappy allison tranny just layed a @$$ kicking on that new ford got love that IZUZU CHEVY power

This was only intended for the 'light' vehicles, the 1500 and possibly a Durango. Shelved at the moment as far as I have heard. Never has there been talk of getting rid of the I6...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well better start readin a little more in depth cause dodge is now considering the new V8 diesel I love inline 6 of the cummins yes strong motor but it's the 21 century it's time for improvements and upgrades and well to compete with the big boys now your gonna need a v8 or some serious tunning on the computer to keep up with the new chev's or fords dodge is planning on an automatic 8 speed wich will be great for there towing abilities but need to do some more work on the power of the cummins to make it really compete with the big dawg diesels of today cause obviously 350/650 just doesnt cut it!

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well better start readin a little more in depth cause dodge is now considering the new V8 diesel I love inline 6 of the cummins yes strong motor but it's the 21 century it's time for improvements and upgrades and well to compete with the big boys now your gonna need a v8 or some serious tunning on the computer to keep up with the new chev's or fords dodge is planning on an automatic 8 speed wich will be great for there towing abilities but need to do some more work on the power of the cummins to make it really compete with the big dawg diesels of today cause obviously 35/650 just doesnt cut it!
OMG your chev blind!! First off read this http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/1010dp_2011_ford_vs_ram_vs_gm_diesel_truck/index.html
The cummins 6.7L held it's own against the higher powered engines. Second it was a V6 planned for the 1500 ram. And third I don't have to use UREA in my truck like the 2011 trucks do nice sales pitch tho we'll boost the HP and TQ so we can sell more trucks but oh yah you gotta use UREA.
Look at the history of the 5.9 cummins it started at 175hp than on to 2007 it was 325HP.
The 6.7L have not seen a power increase yet and yes it's coming!! Lets see you put 700000km on your v8 DMAX or powerstroke, because the dodge Cummins has a history of putting those km on and yes i've seen a few WITHOUT being overhauled.
When cummins goes in another brand I buy another brand truck.
How many V8's do you see in pulling tractors, OTR trucks and construction machienery?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG your chev blind!! First off read this. cummins 6.7L held it's own against the higher powered engines. Second it was a V6 planned for the 1500 ram. And third I don't have to use UREA in my truck like the 2011 trucks do nice sales pitch tho we'll boost the HP and TQ so we can sell more trucks but oh yah you gotta use UREA.
Look at the history of the 5.9 cummins it started at 175hp than on to 2007 it was 325HP.
The 6.7L have not seen a power increase yet and yes it's coming!! Lets see you put 700000km on your v8 DMAX or powerstroke, because the dodge Cummins has a history of putting those km on and yes i've seen a few WITHOUT being overhauled.
When cummins goes in another brand I buy another brand truck.
How many V8's do you see in pulling tractors, OTR trucks and construction machienery?

may have been able to hold in there my god you would hope it would be able to hold in there it's a 6.7 for christ sakes! holding in there and winning is a major difference my friend and no not chev blind at all my family used to own a ford dealership and now chevy so i have seen the two trucks perform! The cummins is a great motor no doubt about it but it is lacking in the power thing and big deal on the urea thing it is a minor issue to worry about i'm sure the aftermarket will come up with a delete kit just like they did the egr,and dpf all the other emmissions crap so and yes I have seen dmaxes with kilometers like that it is called old hoarder farmers! I prefer to drive new trucks not old things like that! I put usually anywere from 120,000 -200,000 on my trucks and just do regular maintenance you know the stuff that makes a truck run rite! I'm not talking pulling tractors buddy I'm talking real world trucks like the diesel power challenge were the guys drive the trucks home after not put on a trailer!all i gotta say is a lot of big time crying and whinning from the ford and dodge guys poor things should feel bad they got there @$$ tanned by the dmax I would be crying and trying to come up with excuses like you guys are doing if I got beat that badly in a head to head match! bahahahahaaha

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never mentioned anything planned about a crappy little vr halfton ISAID V8 DIESEL FROM DODGE!!!!!!!!!! and yes they are planning it so keep chirpin about the crappy v8 cause it just whooped your inline 6 BADLY!!!!! urea is only added because of california emmissions laws! you think gm and ford wanna put in all this emmissions chyte oh hell no! so you do what you gotta do to pass emmissions and yeah chev or ford never ran urea in 2010 just 2011 so yes dodge will more than likely be next so yeah not a sales pitch at all just a thing required by the government!

Last edited:
Top Bottom