Check out this Bull story??????

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to fill you in a bit on this sled, 2009 146 summit.

When the sled had about 8-900miles on it I put on a DJ high ellevation kit in the early winter 2008/2009 and it was alright just needed to change a bit of weight in the primary to try and get it good in the mountians and not to bad for down here. I also have done lots of work on ski-doos and never had a problem before. Well just before christmas the primary on this sled started to wobble and work funny, so this sled now has 1700 miles on it. Sled went to Martin equipement for warranty and just heard back from them and they said it was missing 3 washers and a spring and that was the cause of it, so warranty might be out the window. I think they are full of crap and trying to pull a fast one. It ran fine for another 900 miles or so and it was ok. They didn't say what washers or spring so I will find out what exactly was missing. Has anyone ever had this problem with them and I think if there was missing parts it would not of lasted this long...What do you's think. Thanks HMMMM

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the only spring in the primary is the primary spring so if that was missing the clutch would not work period! as for washers there are a few of them in there so who knows. Who installed the kit?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say Martin is trying to pull a fast one. Ask them what spring is missing....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is why I think they are full of doo doo or the kid/person that worked on it doesn't know what he is talking about...I will find out and let you know....SCAMs

Hitchguy

Reaction score
wow sounds kike the sled dealers are trying to catch up to the car dealer for warranty claims:dunno::dunno:must be rider abuse!! hope you get somewhere with it.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is why I would never buy extended warranty, you have trouble enough trouble using the regular warranty.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now they say that the crank is bent because of un balance clutch, or hit something. What would bend a crank if sled has not hit anything...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now they say that the crank is bent because of un balance clutch, or hit something. What would bend a crank if sled has not hit anything...

not sure just asking, could it have been caused by all the stucks we had. :d:d:d. sure sounds like maybe they are talking about someone elses sled. seems a little fishy. the only springs in the primary are the clicker springs and the primary, you may have some slop in the primary bushing, and they are known to go, maybe take it else where as this sounds like a story telling time. good luck, keep your stick on the ice.

Last edited:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to call Dj tonight and talk to him also about it.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin Equip are idiots go anywhere else and you will be treated better.Except Sicamouse they suck to:d:d:d

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there something inturnal that can cause to bend a crank. Thanks I heard that there were cranks themselves not to specs...

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed, he's not to helpfull, in the moose, I had good luck with marvin in olds with warrenty issues.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there something inturnal that can cause to bend a crank. Thanks I heard that there were cranks themselves not to specs...

Drop me a pm if interested, I'm a dealer for Dynamo Joe kits and do installs, I might be able to take a look at it.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyday on this forum someone has an issue with Martin equipment...Why do people continue to go there?? There are the highest price dealer in the province and there service is terrible so why do so many people use them...Just sayin.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cranks can be out of phase and out on the runout from the factory. cant see it bending from the clutch..maybe? either way it should still be warranty? why is it your fault the clutch went and possibly took out the crank?

if they put a dial guage on the crank (ask them for the #s) chances are they arent lying to you.

but should sstill be covered. a friend of mine took his xp with about 500km on it and the primary was toast. ( he didnt know until first service ) they replaced the whole clutch no problem.

Top Bottom