Chatters

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about Chatters recently. I am heading to Golden on April 9th ish and was wondering what is the deal with the place. Is it awesome?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about Chatters recently. I am heading to Golden on April 9th ish and was wondering what is the deal with the place. Is it awesome?

Yeah Chatter creek. There is a Cat skiing operation/challet back there that opens up for sledders on april 5th for a couple weeks. Its all booked for this year but you could still go ride there if you like.

As mentioned its very remote. It is 72kms down a forestry sevice road to where you park your truck and can be pretty scetchy.

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
Was in last weekend and the road is a mess, and will get worse with the warm weather. Over 2 hrs. To go 70 kms. There are pot holes in the pot holes. Be carefull.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in last weekend and the road is a mess, and will get worse with the warm weather. Over 2 hrs. To go 70 kms. There are pot holes in the pot holes. Be carefull.
Great...we're up there next Saturday till Wednesday! Nothing like driving 72 km through a mine field, but at least the scenery is spectacular and the riding even better.
Any avy's across the road yet?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great...we're up there next Saturday till Wednesday! Nothing like driving 72 km through a mine field, but at least the scenery is spectacular and the riding even better.
Any avy's across the road yet?

Tons of avys over the road this year,,, Had to dig my friends truck out of one in January.

They plow the road quite often tho,, so you'll be ok.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road is toast. Try again next year if you are towing a trailer. Truck and sled deck best option or even better some sort of tracked vehicle!

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road is toast. Try again next year if you are towing a trailer. Truck and sled deck best option or even better some sort of tracked vehicle!

If they plow it and they need to get supplies ect in there how can the road be toast for very long. You would think they would be fixingit ASAP?

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they plow it and they need to get supplies ect in there how can the road be toast for very long. You would think they would be fixingit ASAP?

Once the valley weather warms up-the road takes a beating from the snowmelt which oversaturates it and then the skinny tires from the big heavy sled trailers heading up turn it into mud bogs and deep soft ruts. Your fine if you are not towing anything but if you are its going to be sporty. First groups in and first groups are out= road toast. Forestry will not be grading that road till it drys up in a month. Chatter doesn't need much of anything at this point. Food is all that is required...Cats were moved out on first day

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the very same thing last 2 seasons.

Then when we went up, the road was fine, except for 2 spots. If you head up at 2 pm.. yeah, it could be an issue.. For the guys that booked rooms I hope its not that bad.

Once the valley weather warms up-the road takes a beating from the snowmelt which oversaturates it and then the skinny tires from the big heavy sled trailers heading up turn it into mud bogs and deep soft ruts. Your fine if you are not towing anything but if you are its going to be sporty. First groups in and first groups are out= road toast. Forestry will not be grading that road till it drys up in a month. Chatter doesn't need much of anything at this point. Food is all that is required...Cats were moved out on first day

tagatree

Reaction score
I will find those trees and thin them out again. Lol. It will be a wicked time. :beer::beer: Haha.

Last edited:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet machine, but smokes a ton, lol not very emmision friendly hmmmmmmmmm

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet machine, but smokes a ton, lol not very emmision friendly hmmmmmmmmm

Yeah its a pretty old unit,, they run a Cat Sking buissness,, not a Commercial lumber operation
:rolleyes:

Greanies may not like the looks of this oil burning, tree rippen/skinner aka the feller buncher,
but they sure dont mind skiing back there.

Top Bottom