Central AB Boats

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can also launch into the bow in Cochrane at Riverfront Park. It is approximately 18 nautical km up river to the ghost reservoir dam, and approximately 22 nautical km downstream to the bears paw dam on the west side of Calgary.
These are one way travel kms. I have not done either of these. I should have kept my menace and gave them a run.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run the Bow river. Not in Calgary city limits!
I usually launch at Ghost Reservoir Provincial Park and head west, We usually stop just past the crashed white custom weld on shore. There is a clam pool and place to beach there. You can go up past the the rapids. Not much sense. The rapids keep getting worse after each set then you hit the damn.
South of Calgary on the Bow you can launch at Policeman Flats. I have not made that trip yet.
Lot of floaters from the city stop there for pick up.
Can you go up the ghost river from the reservoir or just the bow past Morley?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends on your boat size and type and plus how much water they are holding back at the dam. I have made it up there probably 1 km or less in high water. In a 21.5’ NR. Jet idling.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
big ol weir in the river by the Zoo....
Oh I thought you could get around it. I remember we went down on tubes when I lived there before. Got to au Clare area and got a talking to by some guys in a boat but honestly don't remember what they were yelling about.

Could have been too much sun

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a regular km on the water following the bends in the river.

Can i find that in the dictionary or did you make that up🤣

JK. Just giving you a hard time.

Hopefully the sun comes out soon..

Top Bottom