Catarract/Etherington/Fording pass conditions 2010/2011

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going down there tomorrow, meeting a couple of guys from up north, will take some pics and report Saturday evening,,
What time are you going? Where are you staging at? I mihgt be able to go but need to know...will check back later
RP

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
post some pics please going on sunday easy ride thanks in advance:beer:

Had a great time today, with all the hoopla about no grooming,, didn't make any difference, only trail riding for sure, where I knew there weren't any obstacles, we ventured off the trail, but had a fantastic day. Rode right down to Old Man Falls, found a bunch of untracked trail others had been tracked but not rough. There was a couple of short stretches where the carbides contacted rocks, but I've been thru worse. Highly recommend trail riding down there, easy on the throttle to keep them in reasonable shape, could use more snow for sure, but you won't wreck any parts on the trails,,

Attachments

• GOPR0001.jpg
    GOPR0001.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 303
  • GOPR0005.jpg
    GOPR0005.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 300

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail over Fording is now broke in. Trail up to the top fairly good other than the last climb as it could use some more snow to finish covering the rocks. We did our best to fill it in on our way back down but there are still some rocks poking out so be very careful going up. The snow on the BC side was alot better then the AB side but still has a ways to go yet. Snow in the back bowls was 2-3 feet max. Still had a really good day:beer:

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_1832.jpg
    IMG_1832.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 282

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm sorry i missed the ride would have loved that one... and meeting new people is always a blast
Next time for sure!!!
RP

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The trail over Fording is now broke in. Trail up to the top fairly good other than the last climb as it could use some more snow to finish covering the rocks. We did our best to fill it in on our way back down but there are still some rocks poking out so be very careful going up. The snow on the BC side was alot better then the AB side but still has a ways to go yet. Snow in the back bowls was 2-3 feet max. Still had a really good day:beer:

Nice guys....that first picture reminds me of riding in Sachs Harbour on Banks Island....rocks and more rocks; friggin' wind!!!

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a big dump in Revy, hopefully it holds on and dumps at least a bit there.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was suprised to see that they were still locked. Might have to give the ranger a call and see if they forgot.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they are not open stay out of the area .. they are not open for a reason .....just another excuse to shut another area down

now that makes sense, gate is usually closed for a reason, some people just can't comprehend that concept i guess, and wonder why riding area's are closed down.

friggin area closures.

Top Bottom