Cataract Creek Snowmobile Trails offical thread 2016/17

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of going to fording but Avalanche conditions are extreme
Avalanche conditions are very high, do not go up and over Fording Pass until the snow settles and we have blue sky. If you don't, you will not see "it" coming, and will probably start "it". Always go there with a group and a GPS, incase the clouds come in, and you are a novice.

Slamaha

Reaction score
I was going to head out with a buddy tomorrow (Tuesday) but it looks like he just hurt himself. I could resched for Wed if you are thinking of going.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm putting on warm gear and going to go pack trail tomorrow. If you see me please stop and chat. Nice to talk to riders out there

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to be back in town this weekend, but only sled available is a 1996 Ext580. Might have to take it for a ride just to see what you guys have been doing with the trails. :d

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am going to be back in town this weekend, but only sled available is a 1996 Ext580. Might have to take it for a ride just to see what you guys have been doing with the trails. :d

That sled will be great for the area. In the trails hay day that was a new sled

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the sled runs, you will get around. With Glen out there for a few days packing and starting to groom before the weekend, things should be looking up again since the Poker Rally.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suppose to be close to -30 tonight, think I'll pass on riding Wednesday. Thursday is suppose to be much much nicer. Anyone up for Thursday?

Wands

Reaction score
I'm new to the area and was thinking of doing a family ride on Friday. I was also wondering where would be the best place to stage and what trails should we stick to but yet give me a little time to go play on my own??

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much snow fell? Thanks to glen , please don't freeze solid to the handle bars.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How much snow fell? Thanks to glen , please don't freeze solid to the handle bars.

Didn't freeze. -30 in the sun isn't bad if you only doing 10 Km a hour. Had the wifes fur lined panties on. I cant put up photos but snow was the best I have ever seen. Two times this year I have had a powder ride day. Hard to run those fat sleds in powder but I managed to do best we could. 8-10 other powder busters out there today. Need trails packed again. Have to pack them to get down to the rough stuff underneath. Sorry I didn't get out sooner. All Tracks testing the small groomer and drag later this week. YEA. Will try to get Scott to post pics I sent him.
Enjoy but don't just run down the middle get off to the side a bit where it was groomed before. No good all down the middle. Don't be chicken and use the width of the trail.

See you there

Last edited:

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't freeze. -30 in the sun isn't bad if you only doing 10 Km a hour. Had the wifes fur lined panties on. I cant put up photos but snow was the best I have ever seen. Two times this year I have had a powder ride day. Hard to run those fat sleds in powder but I managed to do best we could. 8-10 other powder busters out there today. Need trails packed again. Have to pack them to get down to the rough stuff underneath. Sorry I didn't get out sooner. All Tracks testing the small groomer and drag later this week. YEA. Will try to get Scott to post pics I sent him.
Enjoy but don't just run down the middle get off to the side a bit where it was groomed before. No good all down the middle. Don't be chicken and use the width of the trail.

See you there

Lmao @ fur lined panties. -30 and there were people out there ridingm dam

Kokanee9

Reaction score
Looks like I will be able to get out there tomorrow. Buddy cancelled, but damn the torpedoes, I'm going anyway.

Will probably be looking to ride along with somebody else if they don't mind in the parking lot. Not sure which one I will go to, will just make that call when I get out there. Say hi if you see a black tundra with a 2 tone grey trailer out there!

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-41 at my house this morning and -33 at Eden Valley. Good call in not riding today

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I will be able to get out there tomorrow. Buddy cancelled, but damn the torpedoes, I'm going anyway.

Will probably be looking to ride along with somebody else if they don't mind in the parking lot. Not sure which one I will go to, will just make that call when I get out there. Say hi if you see a black tundra with a 2 tone grey trailer out there!

slamaha and I are heading out tomorrow if you wanted to join up

Last edited:
Top Bottom