Cataract Creek Snowmobile Trails offical thread 2016/17

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry everyone been a busy week, the GF and i got out for her first ride we went south on raspberry and just did the loop and came back up the same trail it was perfect for her first time out had a lot of fun. For myself always good to get out and see a new area. The trail wasn't nearly as bad as i was expecting. I recently just relocated to calgary so ill have to watch for meeting dates and always up for some volunteer work when my schedule allows it lol From what we saw very nicely clearly marked trails with signage and the trails themselves nice! Look forward to the next ride. Thanks BT

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry everyone been a busy week, the GF and i got out for her first ride we went south on raspberry and just did the loop and came back up the same trail it was perfect for her first time out had a lot of fun. For myself always good to get out and see a new area. The trail wasn't nearly as bad as i was expecting. I recently just relocated to calgary so ill have to watch for meeting dates and always up for some volunteer work when my schedule allows it lol From what we saw very nicely clearly marked trails with signage and the trails themselves nice! Look forward to the next ride. Thanks BT

Thanks Burnt Toast. Follow along as we get trails back to a bit smoother this coming week. You are always welcome to get involved with trail support summer or winter. Welcome to the area

John8

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I am new to this forum and i am looking at going down to Cataract this weekend. I have never been there before but heard from some friends it was pretty good. Is there anything i should know before i head down?

Thanks

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone get out on the weekend? Wondering conditions on fording side, hoping to get out Friday

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone get out on the weekend? Wondering conditions on fording side, hoping to get out Friday
Headed to Crowsnest Pass for the CrowSnow Riders Poker Rally and the Calgary Snowmobile Club's S.T.A.R.S. Club Ride on Saturday, and then maybe our last ride south of Highway 3 in our lives (as the situation is now, with the AB Gov't shutting down all of the Castle Area to O.H.V.'s eventually). Join us for the Poker Rally if you would like, as all funds raised will be going to S.T.A.R.S. - we are aiming for $5,400 which is the charge of a single call-out for a helicopter, I believe.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
south is off limits and anything over 6000 is out as well
Headed to Crowsnest Pass for the CrowSnow Riders Poker Rally and the Calgary Snowmobile Club's S.T.A.R.S. Club Ride on Saturday, and then maybe our last ride south of Highway 3 in our lives (as the situation is now, with the AB Gov't shutting down all of the Castle Area to O.H.V.'s eventually). Join us for the Poker Rally if you would like, as all funds raised will be going to S.T.A.R.S. - we are aiming for $5,400 which is the charge of a single call-out for a helicopter, I believe.

GrumpyGuy

Reaction score

Is that a day-trip for you, or does everyone from the Calgary area stay the weekend?

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
south is off limits and anything over 6000 is out as well

Im not familiar with the area. Everything south of hiway 3 is off limits and anything in the entire crow area above 6000 is off limits?

Bella

Reaction score
We are thinking of heading to Cataract Creek this weekend. Anyone know what the snow conditions are like?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what we are hearing ... see my thread about crow snow riders need help the lovely idiots that certain idiots in alberta voted for did a complete 180 from what they were talking about ... they were in contact with various clubs and organizations and dealerships in the area and were getting input as to what the thoughts were about what should happen told everybody they liked where it was going and then last week pulled the stunt in pincher creek and then hidden in the wording is higher elevations where nothing is allowed

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what we are hearing ... see my thread about crow snow riders need help the lovely idiots that certain idiots in alberta voted for did a complete 180 from what they were talking about ... they were in contact with various clubs and organizations and dealerships in the area and were getting input as to what the thoughts were about what should happen told everybody they liked where it was going and then last week pulled the stunt in pincher creek and then hidden in the wording is higher elevations where nothing is allowed

that Notley twat needs a good, hard swift kick in the box. Imo the worst thing that ever happened in this province is the formation of the wild rose party, all it did was take votes away from
the PCs. I fear we are in for more if the same for many many years to come. Might be time to pack the bags and head south of the border as there is no light at the end of tunnel up here.

Very sad sad times we live in in Alberta.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to a poll regarding the closure at Castle. Please take a second to vote NO. These closures are just the start, I have no doubt the tree huggers want to shut down all of SW Alberta to anything but hikers and horses. This also includes livestock grazing for the ranchers.

You can still ride south of hwy 3(York) in the Pass but nothing over 6000', north side of the hwy also includes the 6000' restriction.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just looking for a update, hoping to head out tomorrow

Sledderglen was out there yesterday I talked to him on the phone last night but forgot to ask about conditions, I'll get him to pop on and update you all later today!

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, are we able to use Wilkinson, if so is it in good shape

Top Bottom