Catalyst Cat Chassis

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ralphy's still has a 2023 154" for $18,900 on the website, so guessing that the 2024 858 is going to be upwards of $22-23K with all the upgraded stuff.
IMG_2952.jpeg

When you can buy a new G5 n/a for $17000 you would have to really like Cat to spend $23000 on a 858.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Doo should lean over easier with that high center of gravity, not sure why Cat would want to keep the weight down so low in the chassis? lol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Doo should lean over easier with that high center of gravity, not sure why Cat would want to keep the weight down so low in the chassis? lol
wouldn’t it be better to gain height in the suspension department if your looking for an easier roll center than to put the weight up high?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think of a sledge hammer. When the heavy end is down how easy is it to pull over. Now put the heavy end up and pull it over. That the difference. It’s HUGE!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think of a sledge hammer. When the heavy end is down how easy is it to pull over. Now put the heavy end up and pull it over. That the difference. It’s HUGE!
Whoa. That’s a great comparison. I’m not Brand loyal. If that’s a good sled. I’ll buy one.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry my comment was meant as a joke, trying to get a rise out of the Doo guys with their "high center of gravity". Lower COG is always going to handle better. The new Cat layout looks great.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything has a downside for some upside for others . Likely the biggest downside of this 858 Cat release Is that Maxwell won’t get much sleep between bashing it on this forum and worrying that it’s gonna work awesome !

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows, the chassis might be awesome, the motor might be awesome, and I might end up replacing my RMK with it for 2025 model year.

It's interesting that they kept the monorail. If the chassis is so good, shouldn't they be able to run a conventional skid and still outhandle and outperform the RMK?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows, the chassis might be awesome, the motor might be awesome, and I might end up replacing my RMK with it for 2025 model year.

It's interesting that they kept the monorail. If the chassis is so good, shouldn't they be able to run a conventional skid and still outhandle and outperform the RMK?

Or at very least give both options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything has a downside for some upside for others . Likely the biggest downside of this 858 Cat release Is that Maxwell won’t get much sleep between bashing it on this forum and worrying that it’s gonna work awesome !

like many others, i have the fastest production mountain sled available. Not too worried about a little kids toy 858 that i had in 2009 which didn't even work back then LMFAO. 145hp at elevation........ill be sleeping just fine at night. Im sure it works 11% better as advertised, but its still 30% short of being a contender with the big sleds.

i am glad cat did something, they had to. Its enough to keep stringing some folks along for a while. Might even gain some new customers. But its no TurboR or Boost that's forsure. and until they release some pricing its unknown if the value will be there. If they can keep it at 19-20k it will sell.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
like many others, i have the fastest production mountain sled available. Not too worried about a little kids toy 858 that i had in 2009 which didn't even work back then LMFAO. 145hp at elevation........ill be sleeping just fine at night. Im sure it works 11% better as advertised, but its still 30% short of being a contender with the big sleds.

i am glad cat did something, they had to. Its enough to keep stringing some folks along for a while. Might even gain some new customers. But its no TurboR or Boost that's forsure. and until they release some pricing its unknown if the value will be there. If they can keep it at 19-20k it will sell.
I remember you riding a phaser..........

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

👍. 🙄

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't care what anyone says about the sled i ride. I'll buy the catalyst with the 858. I'm the only artic cat rider in my group since 2019. I still go 90% of the places all my friends do with the 850 turbos. It may take me a while but i also paid $10,000 less for my sled. And put almost 7,000km on it. My only concern is if that stupid alpha rail is the only option. Give me a twin rail suspension from a 2019 hardcore with rail braces and It'll make that purchase way easier.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says about the sled i ride. I'll buy the catalyst with the 858. I'm the only artic cat rider in my group since 2019. I still go 90% of the places all my friends do with the 850 turbos. It may take me a while but i also paid $10,000 less for my sled. And put almost 7,000km on it. My only concern is if that stupid alpha rail is the only option. Give me a twin rail suspension from a 2019 hardcore with rail braces and It'll make that purchase way easier.
Not for everyone, but I love the Alpha rail. In deep snow where I ride a lot, its so much easier on my shoulders/back at the end of the day vs pulling over the old twin rail. I rode a doo 850T for a day and man that extra effort to pull it over takes time to get used to.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 273145
When you can buy a new G5 n/a for $17000 you would have to really like Cat to spend $23000 on a 858.
Yeah....except I said "all the upgraded stuff". not the shittiest base model SP in a 154" that was a demo sled like that one at Riverside. pretty much the same sled Ralphs has on the floor. I'm sure you will be able to buy an 858 in a short track with nothing on it for $17K too.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Not for everyone, but I love the Alpha rail. In deep snow where I ride a lot, its so much easier on my shoulders/back at the end of the day vs pulling over the old twin rail. I rode a doo 850T for a day and man that extra effort to pull it over takes time to get used to.
Deep snow yeah it works great, but i feel thats more so because of the 3.5" pitch alpha track then anything. There's a thread on here somewhere with all the issues i've had with my rail and track. I definitely agree with you when my alpha blew up and i rode a doo for a couple days, it definitely takes a lot of effort in comparison. Polaris chassis is a closer to an arctic cat then a skidoo.

Top Bottom