Catalyst Cat Chassis

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good interview. They talk about the 858, turbo options and a twin rail option.

Noticed that Troy talks briefly about "where" the 858 turbo development is at, not "when". Good to hear they want to grow their western dealer network!

There is a good video from Snowest that interviews the Ibexx team: Said the 600 Catalyst with Ibexx turbo will beat a factory turbo on 9Lbs of boost. Out climb on soft, dead, straight up...won't be beat. Apparently at Island Park test site a guy showed with a 17 Mountain Cat that had an aftermarket turbo on 7Lbs boost and the Catalyst 600 with Ibexx turbo would beat it by 5 sled lengths. Several times they mentioned how fun the Catalyst is to ride.

Could be just marketing talk, but I do appreciate their enthusiasm and excitement for the new Catalyst. If a 600 Catalyst with Ibexx turbo is THAT much fun, going to be interesting to see what Cat and/or Ibexx does with the 858.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d really like to throw a leg over a catalyst turbo 600, might be a fun time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't the ibexx setup spit and sputter and pop and fart this year at Jackson or was that someone else?

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if skidoo could have tracking on their sleds and they could link up. That way I could show Maxwell the way to the top…
Rumor has it Max has snow checked the the new Cat 858 Catalyst...............

Catalyst​

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this new chassis works as good as they say it does all arctic cat has to do is have it hold together and I would be sold. The pile of stop rides and recalls on the Polaris is a joke and the Doo works great but not a fan of the look of it at all. With the way part shortages have been I would be pissed to be renting a sled when I just paid 28g for a turbo sitting in the shop. I will be in the market for a smoker turbo in a year or two and I am definitely interested to see what cat comes out with, although by the time they do release a turbo I am sure the other big two will already have something even better. It never ends

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noticed that Troy talks briefly about "where" the 858 turbo development is at, not "when". Good to hear they want to grow their western dealer network!

There is a good video from Snowest that interviews the Ibexx team: Said the 600 Catalyst with Ibexx turbo will beat a factory turbo on 9Lbs of boost. Out climb on soft, dead, straight up...won't be beat. Apparently at Island Park test site a guy showed with a 17 Mountain Cat that had an aftermarket turbo on 7Lbs boost and the Catalyst 600 with Ibexx turbo would beat it by 5 sled lengths. Several times they mentioned how fun the Catalyst is to ride.

Could be just marketing talk, but I do appreciate their enthusiasm and excitement for the new Catalyst. If a 600 Catalyst with Ibexx turbo is THAT much fun, going to be interesting to see what Cat and/or Ibexx does with the 858.

Well if it beats a 2017 mountain cat.....

acb.jpg

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was a little disappointed with that podcast because they never really said anything about the turbo they rode other than it was fun and didn’t notice any extra weight. Nothing about the throttle response or clutching. Might be a moot point though as in the podcast the ibexx guys said they just changed the turbo because they weren’t happy with the one they had in it originally

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed with that podcast because they never really said anything about the turbo they rode other than it was fun and didn’t notice any extra weight. Nothing about the throttle response or clutching. Might be a moot point though as in the podcast the ibexx guys said they just changed the turbo because they weren’t happy with the one they had in it originally
Call me .. I may know a little something

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you nodded off at that point...lol. Pretty sure I heard them talk about the proprietary turbo wheel that spools up real quick so no lag at all. Also talked about tuning and clutching with their new weight profile so there is no "peak" HP, that it stays flat under the peak point and pulls hard right across the rpm range. Can run lighter weights with their profile. Less rotating mass, quicker response.

I hope there is a chance this winter to try one out or at least hear from real world riders.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's my footage from my drone in Matt's video...

Is it smart business when a blown chain ends up with a snowmobile landing on someone and killing them? From what i've seen it was very possible... The hyvo chains were suppose to come on the turbos, and they put the N/A chains in to get them out there. Sounds like a serious lawsuit to me.

This is exactly what I was talking about

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you nodded off at that point...lol. Pretty sure I heard them talk about the proprietary turbo wheel that spools up real quick so no lag at all. Also talked about tuning and clutching with their new weight profile so there is no "peak" HP, that it stays flat under the peak point and pulls hard right across the rpm range. Can run lighter weights with their profile. Less rotating mass, quicker response.

I hope there is a chance this winter to try one out or at least hear from real world riders.
Lol I guess I didn’t describe it good enough in my post…..maybe I nodded off again while posting. I liked the tech talk about their clutching and it really has me interested. What I was hoping to hear is the snowest crews ride experience regarding the throttle response and clutching.

It’s too bad Solid didn’t have one on the snow last year so we could hear some reviews on their kit. Having said that I’ve certainly heard good things about their 800 kits

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen turbo big blocks do a 7s 1/4 mile and ive seen turbo 2L Civics run 7s 1/4 mile as well. Different strokes for different folks I guess

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen turbo big blocks do a 7s 1/4 mile and ive seen turbo 2L Civics run 7s 1/4 mile as well. Different strokes for different folks I guess

There is turbo big blocks in the 5s....

Nitro methane big blocks in the 3s..

No replacement for displacement, except maybe a jet engine.

600cc is a kids sled. Lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still remember when the 500 phaser 4 stroke came out and the same things were being said. History repeats itself.

Top Bottom