Camping Around Sundre

mountainouty

Reaction score
Hey, been about 10 years since I took a trip to Sundre. We used to dry camp past Bearberry near a river. I think this is where the pavement ends. Is this still a good spot or somewhere else near here? We got 3 units rolling in, thoughts?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time there on the east or pavement side has been closed off and deep ditch dug from a farmer

U have to go past the bridge to find a spot

Denali

Reaction score
Head west towards bear berry. North from saloon will take you into south end of iron horse. There is lots of camping anywhere back in there. Lots of lease roads and clearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali

Reaction score
Or if your really adventurous keep heading west to trunk road. Head north on trunk road. There are some good places along there to camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a reminder if you camp out there lock or have someone stay on site,there is people that drive out there on the weekend and go shopping.it has become a real target for the bastards,from gens to coolers and prying doors open

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, been about 10 years since I took a trip to Sundre. We used to dry camp past Bearberry near a river. I think this is where the pavement ends. Is this still a good spot or somewhere else near here? We got 3 units rolling in, thoughts?

still a good spot, and lots of spots out to trunk road, and south to red deer river crossing.

Last edited:

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Sorry depending on how I log into tapatalk I come up as mountain Outy or Mad Max lol, so question, am I better off coming from Caroline and turning south on the trunk road, or coming from Sundre? I will be coming from North of Red Deer??

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hwy 2 to olds then sundre if coming from edmonton or east of.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Cool it just looked shorter coming from Caroline, I like the trunk road idea, the last time we were there I looked and we camped at the snowmobile club, it was good access to the trails, what do you recommend doo'n ? Sundre Map.jpg Attached is the riding area, just looking for a sweet spot for camping near some water.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool it just looked shorter coming from Caroline, I like the trunk road idea, the last time we were there I looked and we camped at the snowmobile club, it was good access to the trails, what do you recommend doo'n ?

Sorry i have lost my ability to read minds! Caroline sled club, sundre sled club? You want to ride where? Sorry unless you put out more info, i have no idea?

Last edited:

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Sorry the olds/Sundre sled club. I have attached a map above indicating the riding areas, just not sure whether to go north or south from where the Sundre highway meets the forestry trunk road, the riding area looks south, just looking for some of your thoughts, thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of riding from forest trunk road south, red deer river crossing, fallin timber, burnt timber etc gt the PLUZ ap and follow the rules!!!! no riding up and down crks or rivers srd handing out big fines now.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run them over , then run them over again for good measures.,,,, just joking Larry .

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so your saying it's ok to run through creeks and rivers, maybe when we catch you doing it we should run your ass over.we try to save riding areas and jerks that do that st,t make it just that harder.if you can't respect the area do us all a favour and stay home

Top Bottom