Bullying

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My eldest son has had to deal with a lot of bullying in his school it got so bad that I finally went with him to the school and had a chat with the principle and laid it out for him. The principle said the were doing there best to put a stop to it but they could not be every where so I told him that my son had both my blessing and permision to do what ever he deemed necessary to get the bully to stop and though he might get a school suspension he would recieve no punishment from home and I might even take him out for a treat. Principle total understood my position and we left it at that. the following week my son and his freind who was also being bullied by this punk both laid a whooping on him and that was the end of it the bullying stoped and the school was satisfied and no suspension was given.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup the bullied kids need to stand up to the bullies no way around it!

I agree, but violence isn't the only way to stand up for yourself. I had my share of scraps in my teen years but I wasn't afraid of fighting. Some people, not just kids are deathly afraid of physical confrontations. It's easy to tell your child to stand up for him/herself but in my book it's a cold, uncaring way to support your son/daughter during one of their most difficult life experiences.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are right there are all kinds of ways to resolve the situation, some work some not. try what you will but you must learn to stand up for yourself now or later. better now than later.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have decided I'm going to let my son read this thread................word for word....................there's alot for him to take in but..............there's lots of awesome advice for him...............hopefully now that Halloween of done...............he will take in and suck in some of this advice..................and realize he's not alone, others have been there, done that, what parents have done, gone through in our younger years..................and everyone's kids have gone through, realize he's not alone, and not the only one in the world picked on.....................I think he needs to hear these stories, and I think will help him through this crap. I feel sorry for any kid that goes through this, and parent trying to deal with it now..................sure not like when we were kids..............

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck little sunshinesmiles.....! Remember it's not your garbage it's the bully's ... and that without a doubt you are loved. :)

signed:
Mom A Bear

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
times have changed but people still do the same stupid things, if your young lad is going to go anywhere in hockey he has to stick up for himself, and you may as well give him the skills to make it in life, there will always be other bullies, each will need a method of solving,
life is tough, but the small victories and good times will shape your son into the man he will be.

good luck hope it works out.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
growing up i was always in the more popular crowd(played hockey, football, baseball, etc). and i was a big kid for my age(no jokes from the peanut gallery either). i still got picked on by older and bigger kids. took my dads advice, and will pass it on to my little one. never start the fight, but don't be afraid to end it. now, i always took that to mean a few things. a fight isn't always physical, especially with kids. had to learn to be able to yap right back at the older kids, not show i was intimidated. only got in about 2 real fights growing up, mostly cause 1) i could talk my way out of them and diffuse the situation, or 2) i appeared to be willing to make it physical. often just standing up for yourself verbally is enough, but not always. nothing, and i mean NOTHING boosts a kids self image more than solving a problem on their own and KNOWING they can deal with it, no matter what

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another option would be to let me teach him to act crazy, I mean really crazy. You mentioned his friend may snap? The appearance of snap is good, no one messes with the crazy guy!!!

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
growing up i was always in the more popular crowd(played hockey, football, baseball, etc). and i was a big kid for my age(no jokes from the peanut gallery either). i still got picked on by older and bigger kids. took my dads advice, and will pass it on to my little one. never start the fight, but don't be afraid to end it. now, i always took that to mean a few things. a fight isn't always physical, especially with kids. had to learn to be able to yap right back at the older kids, not show i was intimidated. only got in about 2 real fights growing up, mostly cause 1) i could talk my way out of them and diffuse the situation, or 2) i appeared to be willing to make it physical. often just standing up for yourself verbally is enough, but not always. nothing, and i mean NOTHING boosts a kids self image more than solving a problem on their own and KNOWING they can deal with it, no matter what

Exactly

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Ugh I have a bully in my class this year. Trying to teach character education and standing up for yourself. Difficult task when the bully could really give a chit and the parents just laugh when I tell them about their little bully. Not funny!!!

And why on earth do I have to teach "character traits?!?" Why isn't this being instilled at home????

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My son read the thread tonight and out of all the responses, this one made the most sence to him. Thank you for this post..............I know when I read it it totally made sence to me............and thought it was some great advice !!!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
according to the posts here you are going to have to stand up for yourself against this hoolagan

Ugh I have a bully in my class this year. Trying to teach character education and standing up for yourself. Difficult task when the bully could really give a chit and the parents just laugh when I tell them about their little bully. Not funny!!!

And why on earth do I have to teach "character traits?!?" Why isn't this being instilled at home????

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will never understand these parents who can't see their kids for what they are. If I have to call a parent I always start the convo with " I know my son's no angel but ..........this is what's been going on. My son is not a angel, he's gotten himself in issues..........where he's been caught and made to deal with circumstances, such as writing letters of apology etc.................I actually had a parent call me once and thank me for addressing the situation, and dealing with it, telling me every time he's called a parent he's been hollered at, there kid wouldn't do that etc.................he was very appreciative that I know I don't have a perfect child on my hands

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buncha Friends show up on Harley's and park outside of the school!!! Get your son to go talk to them making it out like they are HA and while son is chatting to bikers have them all do a lot of pointing towards the bully!!! Have a few handshakes going around between son and bikers!!!! Send a message without actions.... This could be a template for similar scenerio, my imagination is always running wild HAHA. I always outsmarted the bullies until I became a BIG DICK (6'3") he-he If all else fails kill em with kindness....

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buncha Friends show up on Harley's and park outside of the school!!! Get your son to go talk to them making it out like they are HA and while son is chatting to bikers have them all do a lot of pointing towards the bully!!! Have a few handshakes going around between son and bikers!!!! Send a message without actions.... This could be a template for similar scenerio, my imagination is always running wild HAHA. I always outsmarted the bullies until I became a BIG DICK (6'3") he-he If all else fails kill em with kindness....

I love it.....................anyone know some HA's ?!?!?!?

Top Bottom