BRP cutting production on sleds.

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not worried, with inflation in 2035 I will still be driving my 20 000km skidoo t3 and my 1000000 km dodge diesel. Good thing I can pull a wrench
You might have to refine your own petroleum products. Hope you’re handy at petro chemical engineering….

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might have to refine your own petroleum products. Hope you’re handy at petro chemical engineering….
Probably just convert some stuff to propane. People will always have to heat there house.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll introduce you to Darryl Baker, Ken Reich and Ken Dohei. They built a lot of high dollar mod sleds back in the day for people that spent that much. My 2003 creamsicle Rev 800 was over $21,000 when I built that. Split second porting and pipes, Baker rolled case with his chromoly front suspension, his rear suspension long tracked and case rolled and Simmons skis. Adds up pretty fast.
sure, and I'll introduce you to Ron Giles, Owen Hunka, and bunch of old guys from the BCSF who were hand building mod sleds long before the early 2000's......Point being that these same guys still only hand built a limited amount of sleds, even out of the Baker style "production" shops, they still only accounted for probably less than 5% of the sleds on the hill.

Trying to say the majority of people complaining about the cost of a $25K turbo are the same guys who dropped $25K on a sled 20 years ago is inaccurate IMO. Most of the guys who built sleds 20 years ago aren't even riding anymore (make no mistake - I have respect for you for still being around).

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a fella i know from down the street here had one of those propex creatures built a few years back. had a donor sled and stuff that he had bought. he paid large for that pig and it never did run properly. i think he tried riding it twice and gave up. tried getting those guys to get it working properly but no go. sold it cheap.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure, and I'll introduce you to Ron Giles, Owen Hunka, and bunch of old guys from the BCSF who were hand building mod sleds long before the early 2000's......Point being that these same guys still only hand built a limited amount of sleds, even out of the Baker style "production" shops, they still only accounted for probably less than 5% of the sleds on the hill.

Trying to say the majority of people complaining about the cost of a $25K turbo are the same guys who dropped $25K on a sled 20 years ago is inaccurate IMO. Most of the guys who built sleds 20 years ago aren't even riding anymore (make no mistake - I have respect for you for still being around).
IMG_4887.jpeg
IMG_9846.jpeg

My first $20000 build was my 03 vertical escape. Turbo pro was in the 20’s also. My last $20000+ build was my alpha. Not hard to blow $20000 on a sled build, worth every penny IMO
IMG_0113.jpeg

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a fella i know from down the street here had one of those propex creatures built a few years back. had a donor sled and stuff that he had bought. he paid large for that pig and it never did run properly. i think he tried riding it twice and gave up. tried getting those guys to get it working properly but no go. sold it cheap.
I feel if your on that caliber of sled u need to be a very hands on guy to tweak tinker and wrench alot yourself, your basically at racecar level, unless u got super deep pockets then it dont matter either way.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 281726View attachment 281727
My first $20000 build was my 03 vertical escape. Turbo pro was in the 20’s also. My last $20000+ build was my alpha. Not hard to blow $20000 on a sled build, worth every penny IMOView attachment 281728
Very true 5-6 years ago u could pick up a new sled 12-15000 and drop a turbo kit in for 5-5500 and be into a sled for low 20s but with boost alot of the other weaker parts were found in the sled lol. Also the big ? Was could u get it dialed in to actually run right, cat had the best running sleds on boost back then in my opinion the skuds wnd poos seemed to be blowing up alot. I wonder the actual % of boosted sleds to n/a 5 years ago it woulda been a fairly low number

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel if your on that caliber of sled u need to be a very hands on guy to tweak tinker and wrench alot yourself, your basically at racecar level, unless u got super deep pockets then it dont matter either way.
ya he has megga cash. the guys that built it couldn't get it to run for ch!t either unfortunately.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of my previous sleds was an N/A that I did a billet head, pipe, reeds, clutching, belt drive, e.t.c. Have a turbo G5 now and it has changed my perspective on trying to get the ponies out of an N/A. If I was to do it again it will be more for the point of tinkering and fun vs chasing the power and performance.

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably just convert some stuff to propane. People will always have to heat there house.m
Propane is a refined byproduct of petroleum. If you look at the federal government’s objectives it’s to end the use of propane as well, hence federal heat pump conversion rebates being offered.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another huge factor to consider is that the majority of wages have not gone up even close to the cost of things Rates for trucks, equipment, and most other things have not increased . Parts tires fuel etc have gone up just like new sleds and equipment.

Top Bottom