broken reeds??

tanner

Reaction score
Just would like to know if the reed pedals go through the engine will it damage anything?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not usually but I would poke around inside as best you can to make sure the pieces went out.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of sled and what kind of reeds?? They shouldn't hurt anything but you should look into the intake where your reeds where and looka t the piston to check for scoring, also pull the exhaust and y-pipe and check for any scoring there also..

tanner

Reaction score
What kind of sled and what kind of reeds?? They shouldn't hurt anything but you should look into the intake where your reeds where and looka t the piston to check for scoring, also pull the exhaust and y-pipe and check for any scoring there also..

It's a 02 800 rmk. The reeds are old style V-force. Got lucky though, 1 screw fell out of the pedal retainer and was sitting in the intake area.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 02 800 rmk. The reeds are old style V-force. Got lucky though, 1 screw fell out of the pedal retainer and was sitting in the intake area.

Yah thats good.. But i'd just check both sides of the pistons an then if no marks yo should be alright.. So all's you will really need is a reed pedal kit then. Not all new reeds??

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tanner - had the same thing happen to me on my sled and everything ok. If you are interested I have a V Force reed cage with petals in good shape. The one that didn't go through - I opted for Boyseen Reeds on my polaris.

If interested in V Force cage and reeds let me know.

Thanks,

tanner

Reaction score
Tanner - had the same thing happen to me on my sled and everything ok. If you are interested I have a V Force reed cage with petals in good shape. The one that didn't go through - I opted for Boyseen Reeds on my polaris.

If interested in V Force cage and reeds let me know.

Thanks,

If i didn't install the new ones i would have been interested thanks though...
I should have went with the boyseen reed too.

tanner

Reaction score
Why do you say you should've went with boysen? Just curious.

I have heard that the boysen reed are more reliable buy don't make as much hp's I don't know for sure though.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I have heard that the boysen reed are more reliable buy don't make as much hp's I don't know for sure though.

Put Boysen reeds in my 94 Polaris bike when it was new a 100 yrs ago... To date no problems with the reeds. Using V Force on my 'Snorty Bitch' 700 RMK, So far good. But it doesnot get much action anymore ! I know not really much of a info statement. :(

Top Bottom