Broken Primary spring

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just thought u were saying 100in/lbs was equal to 14ft/lbs that's all,my mistake....anyways just looing at my service manual and shows 100in/lbs (8.3ft/lbs)
Really? The six bolts? I wonder why my service guy said it was 14.. He looked it up and everything

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here ya go.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325986714.798486.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325986714.798486.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 211

GoHiSK1

Reaction score
I also have had a broken drive clutch spring on my 2012 Pro. Happened on the 10th. day I rode the sled with about 475 miles.
All miles were made in the BC Rockies. Clutch engagement was very low. Clutch engagement was lower then engine idle speed so had to be careful when coming to a stop as it would tend to creep away on me. Did get new spring from poo but I went with a Team Bright Yellow [ 120-340 ] I did not notice any clutch engagement RPM difference over the stock Polaris spring.
Have had other Polaris and Cat stock springs break before so I was not alarmed and I always have a spring or two in my truck or trailer. Last year I was even able to come to a fellow sledders rescue as his 2011 800 Cat drive spring broke and we were over 1 hour away from the nearest replacement spring. He was very great full and gave me a 15 pack of liquid refreshments back at the hotel .

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF... You give someone the proper answer and they want to argue that whatever the muppet at their dealer told them is gospel. I shake my head.
Lol it was a mistake he read the wrong spec and I trust what he says that's why I said it was 14... Lol dosent make him a muppet I'll bet he knows alot more than you do.. People makes a mistake it's not uncommon... shake your head all you want

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No actually i was being an azz because we have covered this already in this thread and it is not rocket science. Just tighten the little bolts.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol it was a mistake he read the wrong spec and I trust what he says that's why I said it was 14... Lol dosent make him a muppet I'll bet he knows alot more than you do.. People makes a mistake it's not uncommon... shake your head all you want

I know one thing, I can read better than your dealer can.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just trying to get it right and actually it wasnt covered until I asked about it. And your right it's not rocket science but some of us may not know because we've never done it... Dosent mean you guys have to be assholes about it

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm having issues with my primary spring as well. I've read through the thread but never got an answer, or a fix. I had my stock spring break, and now a different one break. It's a grey spring with a silver strip. Wondering if there is a fix yet? I have heard I can add a thin shim on the inside and outside of the spring, helps the engagement process, with out torqueing the spring up? I don't know, any ideas?

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
During my pre ride inspection this fall I had checked my primary only 400 miles an it was also broken, replaced with a slp blue/pink been good since

brutis20

Reaction score
Last year I put on a Blue/Pink SLP from the get go on the '12 and was breaking about every 250 miles. I put on a shim on the engine side of the spring and just upgraded to that Speedwerx one above, we will see if that helps. I think the binding is the problem and has nothing to do with a batch bad of stock ones.

Top Bottom