Broken Primary spring

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read on snowest about guys breaking primary spring on their 2012 Pros, after installing the HPS can. Has anyone experienced this here?:beer::beer:

gdawg

Reaction score
My spring broke 300km into my sled believed to be aftermath of my jamnut comin loose with is a factory defect. Good dealer equals good service on all this

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The springs were braking last year (bad run) nothing to do with the HPS can Change it out to a slp blue pink and call it a day. I have seen 3 2012 pros with broken springs already do not put another polaris black spring back in.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just the pro rmks or the switchback assaults as well
The springs were braking last year (bad run) nothing to do with the HPS can Change it out to a slp blue pink and call it a day. I have seen 3 2012 pros with broken springs already do not put another polaris black spring back in.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Chrisco said, absolutely nothing to do with the HPS can. I read that thread on SW too and couldn't help but to laugh. I was in Island Park over New Years and my Pro was stock out of the box with no miles, no other mods other than the HPS can and it ran with or better than the '11 Pro and the 2 other '12 Pros in our group.

New clutch springs every year should be in everyone's maintenance plan.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Chrisco is sending me a SLP spring. Better to be safe than sorry. That sure would suck to waste a trip over a $ 30 part.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring a spare spring or change it out.
Is it the blue one you guy are switching too? Do I have to change anything else or jut take the black out and put the new one in? Does it change anything or do I have to change anything else? Sorry I'm not a clutch guy lol

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it the blue one you guy are switching too? Do I have to change anything else or jut take the black out and put the new one in? Does it change anything or do I have to change anything else? Sorry I'm not a clutch guy lol

The blue / pink SLP spring has a 10lb higher finish rate than the stock spring, so it'll may gain a little bit more RPM. It'll be awfully close. That's all you'll have to change.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 small bolts around the primary cover, 1 center bolt holding primary to crank, cover comes off, spring comes out put new spring in, put 6 outer bolts in titen up evenly, put center bolt back in, torque everything back up good to go

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just the six outside bolts

That is correct. One other thing to note. Make sure you put the clutch cover back on in the exact same position as it is critical to clutch balance. There is an "X" on the cover that has to be lined up to corresponding X's on the spider and moveable sheave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom