Broken back ribs

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys barbecue back ribs would be better but broken is what I got, holly crap are these painful. Anyone have or had broken back ribs? Any good ideas on sleeping and pain control.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke 3 ribs in my back 6 years ago. Pain was horrible for the first week. But it subsided quickly after that. I found sleeping on my back was best. Side put a lot of pressure on them.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had open heart surgery back in 2013 they cut my chest open then wired it closed could not move my arms for 6 weeks because of the pain broken back ribs sounds painful take it easy and you will recover sooner I took 3 months off and it helped a lot still hurts if I hit it just right

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well that sucks James. I've never had a broken rib(s) but they are painful according to anyone who has had them. I must lead a shelter life as it is the first time I have heard of broken back ribs. Speedy recovery and look after yourself during the healing process.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very painfully in deed. Foot gave out stepping off the log loader and next thing I knew I was on by back looking for my freaking breath.that was Monday and now the reality and pain are in full swing.
not fun and yes the meds help but mess me up.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very painfully in deed. Foot gave out stepping off the log loader and next thing I knew I was on by back looking for my freaking breath.that was Monday and now the reality and pain are in full swing.
not fun and yes the meds help but mess me up.

try and stay away from any of the pain killers with Codeine. When I cracked my ribs I was jacked up on T3 with codeine and it really bunged me up. Didn't sh!t for a week, not that I could reach around to wipe my ass anyway. Went to KFC hoping that would get me moving again. no such luck. When I finally did have a movement, it felt like I was passing a 10 pin bowling ball.

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke a few ribs before as well. Only time in my life that I puked from pain. Heat then cold helps but not much.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try and stay away from any of the pain killers with Codeine. When I cracked my ribs I was jacked up on T3 with codeine and it really bunged me up. Didn't sh!t for a week, not that I could reach around to wipe my ass anyway. Went to KFC hoping that would get me moving again. no such luck. When I finally did have a movement, it felt like I was passing a 10 pin bowling ball.

Codine = Thermos-poop

I broke a rib on my sled handlebar many years ago. NOT fun. Takes for fricken ever to heal. Do ANYTHING in your power not to sneeze.

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have broken so many bones it takes less time to point out the ones i have not broken, i directly link pain to the amount of sleep you can get. If you can sleep for at least 4 hours straight you do not know what pain really is. But pain leaves in steps, you wake up one morning a you feel better. Next stage same thing. As far as ribs goes, sneezing, coughing and even laughing gives you a shot. Have fun... oh and whiskey does help. The rest is like pissing on a forest fire.

Top Bottom