Bringing the pooch

Cameo

Reaction score
I have a little one who cries every time I ride my quad with out bringing him along. In fact, if its running, he had better be on it. I have a rear seat/toolbox, where he sits. Around the yard is all good, but I don't think he can hang on too well on the trails. He has no hands.
Does anyone tether their do to the seat? or rack? or any suggestions?
Thanks

Cameo

Reaction score
May have forgot to mention, My pooch is kinda small, ****-sue. yes, I know, real manly. He sits nicely on the seat of the toolbox/seat, but i'm thinking a good bounce over a log, and he would become a flying fluffy projectile.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We bought a soft kennel for our dog and tether him into it. We don't take him if we are planning anything crazy but for puttering along doing trail work or just cruising he does fine.

Sometime he just likes to ride on the machine though too

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to bring the pooch. I don't strap him in either. Incase I do something stupid like tip or roll. It gives him more of a fighting chance to bail to safety. He loves going for rides. Gets mad when we use the Gator for yard work and we don't put him in the box.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Our golden retriever just laid down on the back seat, if I thought she might get dumped, I had her get off first. We have a shi-Tzu now and he only comes in the sxs.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use to have my bull dog sit on the back seat and just teather him in so he didn't jump off now he will run all day next to the dog

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, those are some good ideas. A lot better than duct tape and wood screws. I would like to bring my dog, but she would be a muddy mess. She would have to run beside the motor home on the trip home.

Reactions: RXN

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had teh same issue with our dog. as soon as the machine starts the dog is on it.. We started with a rack like above for the dog but she hated it. She wanted to ride on the seat. In a year she has only fell off once and got up and jumped right back on. She just leans on the cargo box for support and just loves it.. I cannot load the machines up until we are leaving or she will sit their and wine for hours until we leave..LOL

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our sheltie rides on the up seat he's 12, can't start a quad or tractor without him freaking out wanting on. The smaller one rides up front in his kennel strapped down to the rack.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents ****zu rides in front of me on the seat when I take the bigger collie for a runaround the parents field. Don't think that would work well on an actual trail though. Took my own ****zu cross for a ride on Sunday, he sat on a blanket on the centre console of the sxs, I think he lasted two minutes before he fell asleep lol he's like a little kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to let your pet drive the unit once in awhile too. nothing like a back up driver when needed.
dog-riding-mower-1.jpg

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only way I can get mine German Wirehaired Pointer to stay on a quad is to put him in a choke hold. Couple summers ago checking trail cam's noticed blood on the grass, he wore his pads right down on that near 40k run. Still was a task bringing him back on the quad and not running in front.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to find a way to bring the odie on the ranger, fire it up he is on the seat, stop for a pop , and if i stop too long he lets me know! Crazy guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our dogs enjoy rides in the Maverick.
They sit on a blanket between the seats.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
56ac7c12f26f8eb0b4651cb85462d09b.jpg

The "Brown Clown" has been riding with me for 10.5 years now. We used to do 90km runs and she would run 50-65km's but we would stop lots and the minute we stop all she wants to do is play ball! Lol
Now she's 10 1/2 so we toned it down a bit and she rides on the quad or sxs more but still does 20-30 km and i'm not exagerating still always wanting to play ball each stop lol.
We're in the mountains here and there are lots of long steep hills but stoping to clear deadfall lots so she gets tons of breaks.
Sold the sxs so need to make something for the back of the quad so she will sit still and be safe back there.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was a 40km run and she only road on the road back to camp. Ran the whole way swimming across creeks and jumping mud holes etc. I need to build something for her though to sit on because she will not let me go without her. Lol

Last edited:

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our Border Collie is just a year old, but he likes the trails, built him a custom box to ride in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom