Brand new M1000 running issue

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Been running doo for years thought id try something new, kinda biting me in the ass. Between 6500ish and 7000ish RPM, the sled loads up and runs like crap. Sometime pumping the throttle clears it up. Seems to be only on the trails, alpine its alright. Air box is dry, doesnt really matter the temp. and ive tried a little to alot of gasline anti-freeze. Basically ive got half throttle or full throttle when going up or coming down the trail and the dealers been little to no help. The only time that it runs good at that rpm is if its left inside overnight and taken for a quick burn. Ive even changed the spark plugs, the only mod is the can. This is driving me crazy, livable but Its not right.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah should have bought and m8 i use to have 1000 and they never ran good for me now i heard ac is taking them out of the line up for 2011 but that just a rumor now :d

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running doo for years thought id try something new, kinda biting me in the ass. Between 6500ish and 7000ish RPM, the sled loads up and runs like crap. Sometime pumping the throttle clears it up. Seems to be only on the trails, alpine its alright. Air box is dry, doesnt really matter the temp. and ive tried a little to alot of gasline anti-freeze. Basically ive got half throttle or full throttle when going up or coming down the trail and the dealers been little to no help. The only time that it runs good at that rpm is if its left inside overnight and taken for a quick burn. Ive even changed the spark plugs, the only mod is the can. This is driving me crazy, livable but Its not right.

Brand New.....But what year?

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Its an 09. I know, I should have bought the 8, but some how I went against my better judgement and talked myself into the M1000.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wasnt throwing and trouble codes at the dealership? if no i had a somewhat similar problem with my m8 but it was oppisite, i would die at 7000 elevation. We kinda figured it was the barometric pressure sensor in the ecu (after lots of screwing with) never found out for sure cause i wrecked er before we could. But i would tell the dealer to check on it. check where the tube is and check if theres moisture in the little clear box that the tube runs to. Dont know if itll help but ya never know:beer:

shedy

Reaction score
have a 091000 also. was also haveing problems like yours. took it back to the dealership after 50 miles and had the oil injection trun't down and exhaust valves re ajusted. It cleaned right up no bog run great. makes me wounder if the dealerships are doing there pdi's like they hose a person for?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can be a little trouble to set up. BUT NEVER think you made a mistake picking the 1000 over the 8. Torque is King.
You have do a plug and wash test to start with.
Check the fuel pressure thru out the revs.
Ask your Dealer to swap out your ECU for a test week-end.
Who's your dealer

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
I know about the tube, and its clear, wasnt throwing codes either. The dealer I bought it from is Camrose farm equipment/Case. Just got some info on the hill about running 87 oct instead of 91 oct. Im gonna give that a go tomorrow, but reseting the valves and oil injections sounds like a good place to go next. Thanks, I appreciate all the help.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you had an ecu check, we had a couple of m1's that had to be sent in to be re calibrated, not sure if you tried that, takes a bout a week to get it back,
other wise could be power valves or maybe crank position sensor.

good luck

T

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like power valves are not adjusted properly... I had a similar issue on my M1K, replaced the cable operated valves with a set of STM's - work much better in my opinion, now there is a set on my wife's M8 too.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep check power valves. mine were out some, it made a difference. YES run 87 octane if it is stock. Your EFI is calibrated for lower octane. Your timing is set for this. I find with mine it gargles a bit at 6500 but nothing that has flipped me over the bars by no means. I did have 91 octane in mine when i first bought it and with the exhaust cables out the sled did run off with boggy issues.
Hope this helps.. Also make sure youtr air intake collapseable hose is fully open and not sucked in.

2hills

Reaction score
I know about the tube, and its clear, wasnt throwing codes either. The dealer I bought it from is Camrose farm equipment/Case. Just got some info on the hill about running 87 oct instead of 91 oct. Im gonna give that a go tomorrow, but reseting the valves and oil injections sounds like a good place to go next. Thanks, I appreciate all the help.

u can't run 91 octane in this sled,,,, you'll screw it up.. the compression is to low in the 1000

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u can't run 91 octane in this sled,,,, you'll screw it up.. the compression is to low in the 1000

running 91 octane will not screw up your engine. It may not perform as good as it should but don't worry about damaging the engine. If your engine is designed to run on 91 octane and you run 87 octane you risk the chance of detonation which will screw up your engine. the higher the octane # the slower the burn in your combustion chamber, therefore no detonation.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like the problem i had with my 06 m7,check the reeds.Mine ran great then started acting up when i looked at the reeds..WOW,pieces were missing,some pedals had 1/4 of it missing and others were just starting to break off....Sled idled great but when on the gas it over fuelled and would only run on 1...The guys at Camrose are pretty good guys just picked up my m8 from them as well..Good Luck

ross

Reaction score
Sounds like a M1000. I took care of mine with a fuel controler and a EGT. I took fuel from the mid and runs great.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had a recall on the ecm and there is an update for them as I had an 09 M1 also. Call them with your serial number and that is probally all you need.

Top Bottom