Bow ridge sports dropping BRP. WTH ???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People talk like they hate the big consolidated city dealers but the hills are still full of Doo's. Lots of people talking with their lips not their wallets.

they hate them until they need service, parts, warranty, accessories, big clothing sales and lots of selection. Then they are fine.

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve dealt with them when I had my 2017 doo and had it in and out of their shop numerous times for leaking anti freeze and the oil reservoir getting milky. They treated me like I didn’t no what was going on. I knew their was a problem from the beginning but they couldn’t fix it. And of course once off warranty the engine blew up. To late for warranty. I shopped local to give them the local support but never had any great experience with them. The warranty guy there helped with a water pump shaft after like the 3rd or 4th time but I figure from the other problems it was to late for that engine as damage had been done. Got 69 km out of it after I picked it up. I bought my other machine thru basecamp in Calgary and so far my experience has been good with them. They also repaired my 2013 and work seems well done. Has been running great. I believe bow ridge doesn’t sell husky bikes anymore aswell. When I talked to the one guy they will just be selling electric bikes. Wonder how long til they don’t sell Campion boats anymore. Anyway I believe everyone either has a good experience or bad experience with certain dealerships and may be differ from person to person. Me unfortunately cannot support bow ridge any longer from my experiences.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had lunch with Byron today when I grabbed my goggles. He asked that I not make any remarks at this time as there is a very large parts return in play and outstanding warranty claims to be settled so I will honor his wishes. All I will say at this time is this is the reason I stepped away from the industry. More to come on that in a few more weeks. I will say that I think this is not the time to turn this thread into a "I had a bad experience at the store" direction. A bad experience or hear say rumors from third parties does no good. In the last couple years we have lost a 42 yr and a 54 yr dealer in this province, both highly decorated with BRP awards for excellence in recent years. Thankyou and stay tuned.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will discount the remaining BRP PAC?
Or will it be to their advantage to work out a parts return for everything?
It’s a shame for the sled community. I’ve been into Bow Ridge and they always stocked what I was looking for.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can’t send any sportswear back so that is heavily discounted now. 50% off Helium jackets and pants is a sweet deal. I have a few friends that took advantage of that. They were allowed to send back all their hard parts and accessories. They submitted a request list and waiting on an authorization.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had a guy walk on a turbo 154 yesterday as the last 2 snow check sleds were finally shipped yesterday. If anyone is looking give Jay or Byron a call.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sense have dealers around that have parts in stock. Only one Polaris dealer in the Red Deer area that has had everything I have needed in stock for the last 12 years. The other ones have nothing. Track side in Olds used to stock everything to

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much more lucrative for a dealer to stock nothing. Stocking incurs expenses.
True, but it gets real annoying when they say I have to order it in and it will be X amount of weeks. Well I can order it too.

Then I look it up online and can have it shipped in less time and sometimes cheaper...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sort of, there is financial incentive to place volume orders. The dealer gets better pricing on the items they stock that way. But yes still overhead if it doesn't sell.
Sometimes I think you are actually a dealer Sean. Lol. You obviously aren’t talking about the Oilers when having beers with the Martins boys. Haha

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costs me money to drive back and forth to get parts ordered to.
Theres not cat dealears with in an hour or so for us, the cat dealer in lloyd ships parts to brothers shop he works at in town usually there the next day. Lethal in lloyd has been awesome to deal with, im sure other dealers are more then willing to do that aswell

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried to support local and I do when I can but man is it ever a nuisance and way more expensive some times. Numerous trips, parts not shipped, increased costs over ordering etc

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the good 'ol days when you could walk into just about any establishment and impulse buy. ordering just makes me rethink my decision. that was my mentality when i worked at the dealership. gets tiresome dealing with the bean counter though (bosses wife).
she would rather spend the money on 300 dollar jeans and lulu lemon for her two precious boys. who both worked there pulling down huge wages for doing F-all.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the good 'ol days when you could walk into just about any establishment and impulse buy. ordering just makes me rethink my decision. that was my mentality when i worked at the dealership. gets tiresome dealing with the bean counter though (bosses wife).
she would rather spend the money on 300 dollar jeans and lulu lemon for her two precious boys. who both worked there pulling down huge wages for doing F-all.

but how do you really feel

Top Bottom