Cross bows

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So thinking about getting a cross bow this year. Was looking online and kinda like the Wicked Ridge Fury 410.
I like the idea of decocking without having to fire it. Also it has the backwards limbs and some reviews say it has a better center of balance.

Anyone have any experience with these? What are you using that you really like?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So thinking about getting a cross bow this year. Was looking online and kinda like the Wicked Ridge Fury 410.
I like the idea of decocking without having to fire it. Also it has the backwards limbs and some reviews say it has a better center of balance.

Anyone have any experience with these? What are you using that you really like?
Trashy has a cross bow I think Mike. He may have some insight.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do have a couple of crossbows and compound bows. My crossbows are an older ten point and something I got from CT. Still have my first crossbow that me mom bought me for my 14th bday, 40 years ago lol.
There is a 410 model to stay away from. Cabela's is making a killing on repair them. It is Wicked Ridge or TenPoint,
My next purchase (will be very soon) is a Excalibur 400 TD, I prefer Canadian made and have always thought they were #1

Ten point is coming out with the 505, which will be interesting and will require a Non restricted license to obtain

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also stay away from V style nocks, if they are not perfectly lined up. They are hard on your draw string and will need to replace often. Flat nocks are still highly recommended by a lot of shooters

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So the Wicked Ridge are having lots of trouble with strings? Maybe that's why they seem to be unavailable at Cabellas. Must be getting out of them.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's either Wicked ridge or TenPoint

Can't remember which one

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Center Point full kit for sale.
Great bang for your buck for sure.

The Ravin R20 i have is super slick but supper$$$$.

Go to a range and test fire some.
Slow follow up shots but fun to use.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
I have had a Raven for just over 3 years now. Every cross bow has ONE similar problem---reloading/loading time!!!. Compounds are way faster to reload/load but lack the shooting distance. Good point---Ravin 1 1/2" groups at 100yds -- 420 fps. crank to load and double safety---crank to let down too. At this speed I have found it difficult to find a practice target that I can use under 30yds. Best target so far-BLOCK- but it completely sucks up a bolt at 30 yds so its hard on fletchings. Gotta move farther out.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a Raven for just over 3 years now. Every cross bow has ONE similar problem---reloading/loading time!!!. Compounds are way faster to reload/load but lack the shooting distance. Good point---Ravin 1 1/2" groups at 100yds -- 420 fps. crank to load and double safety---crank to let down too. At this speed I have found it difficult to find a practice target that I can use under 30yds. Best target so far-BLOCK- but it completely sucks up a bolt at 30 yds so its hard on fletchings. Gotta move farther out.

This one cuts reloading in half lol.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike
Let me know how the Centerpoint 370 works out for you. Lots of videos on that model shooting online.
Basic but should get the job done. Sorry i had no field points, but you have lots of expandables and accessories.

Good meeting you.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Randy. We made a stop at Cabellas after and have some field points and new target now. Probably try it out when I get home later today.

Was good to meet you as well.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Mr. Snochuk!

Attachments

• 20230309_161412.jpg
    20230309_161412.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom