Bow ridge sports dropping BRP. WTH ???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya with big corps its trudeau mentality. my way or the hyway. i remember having the conversation with the dsm about non current whole goods. what do we do with all these sleds? blow 'em out he would say.
so you're saying lose money? do what you gotta do he'd say. scumbag!
Exactly bud. No difference in manufacturers. Polaris and Doo are the same in that respect. They load you up, then want you to hold the line on pricing to make profit and then if you do that you end up with huge carry over then its alright to blow chit out. The amount of times I've been told..."we've had some complaints about your pricing" yet they slap you on the back when you sell out? No rhyme or reason

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago Marvin from Olds told us at a dealer meeting that he thought through time BRP would only have dealerships or superstores in the major centres of Lethbridge, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton and Fort Mac. He may be right. There is also a rumour out there that BRP will go to an Amazon model where all parts, accs and sportswear would be purchased online and you would order your unit online and it would be shipped to a distribution Center for a walk around and delivery process. I hear centres would also do warranty work and service and trained BRP techs would do that work. Things could change drastically.
I think this plan has been in motion for a while.

I order parts online all the time right off the brp website, anything over $100 is free shipping.

I think Camrose or Wetaskiwin is next.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you take the time to read through the posts I commented, its not my place to comment on someone else's business until they ask me to. Its common courtesy for a friend. If you are trying to get my personal opinion on BRP then why didn't you ask for it instead of derailing the thread by making a personal attack on me? I'm not BowRidge Sports. I just worked there part time for a few years to help a buddy. My personal views are simple. I have the highest respect for the engineering group, the PAC group, support staff and my old District Manager. Anyone above that sales position is not worthy of my time anymore and they have been deleted from my social media. They are spineless cowards that sit in a boardroom and decide on people lives. They say they are friends and partners but only if you follow their terms. There is no wiggle room. All the manufacturers are dictatorships in that respect. They like to tell you what's best for your business but you can't offer any remarks on how they could improve theirs. I've seen that with other dealers that have left. Alex Auto in Bassano was a perfect example. I'm glad I walked away on good terms before this happened to me. I would have had a bad taste in my mouth a lot longer than the year and a half ago that this decision was rendered. Are you happy now?
Yup… happy now. Thanks for finally being honest about BRP.

Serious question…
Why would anyone that is a “freedom” loving Canadian still support a product made by BRP?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this plan has been in motion for a while.

I order parts online all the time right off the brp website, anything over $100 is free shipping.

I think Camrose or Wetaskiwin is next.
I hope not man. It wasn't these big city dealers that change hands (excepting Martins and Turples) every few years that built the brand. It was all the tiny dealers spread across the countryside that gave the great service and went the extra distance to make each manufacturer what they are now. I don't understand the thinking but I don't sit in on their $300 power lunches? Every city dealer complains about the rural dealers because they can't figure out why peeps will drive for service.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turples has been in the game a while.
Just wonder what will happen when glens gone

20220219_141028.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup… happy now. Thanks for finally being honest about BRP.

Serious question…
Why would anyone that is a “freedom” loving Canadian still support a product made by BRP?
I don't buy into hate people from BRP because they are French. I have French friends from the company that like and comment on my anti Trudeau posts all the time on Factbook. There a lot of good people down there that aren't anti west. They holiday here and have friends out here. They are Canadians. Are there are probably some that are anti west? It works both ways. Better to hate the governments than all the people. Just because one French guy spouts off he hates Alberta doesn't mean they all do. Same with the truckers convoy. A couple bad apples doesn't make the whole batch bad.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago Marvin from Olds told us at a dealer meeting that he thought through time BRP would only have dealerships or superstores in the major centres of Lethbridge, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton and Fort Mac. He may be right. There is also a rumour out there that BRP will go to an Amazon model where all parts, accs and sportswear would be purchased online and you would order your unit online and it would be shipped to a distribution Center for a walk around and delivery process. I hear centres would also do warranty work and service and trained BRP techs would do that work. Things could change drastically.
This is the Tesla model. If it works, dealerships as we know them will change forever. Couple big players in the car dealership world I know are pretty nervous.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
It's all about the stock price and dividend. They don't care about their dealers and see them as a necessary evil to distribute their product. It's almost like they don't want to spread the wealth around and if a small shop on a farm can keep overhead low and sell for less it pisses them off.

John Deere, GM, CO-OP and the likes are all the same. It pisses me off when I go to small town and the biggest and most fancy building is the COOP gas bar and Dealership. It's like a slap in the face saying look at how much money we steal from you and pay our employees like ch!t while doing it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And by going to a more centralized model, they will reduce competition from the smaller dealers, which will mean higher prices for the consumer as its farther between dealers.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
54 North in bonnyville has only been around a couple years so hopefully they can make a go of it!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO I think the push is to get rid of privately held dealerships in their entirety. There's a lot more profit to be made if they don't have to pay dealers bonuses or anything else for selling volume.

Look at Tesla, they own all the dealers they have and sell vehicles directly, I think that is going to be the business model of the future. Existing OEMs just need to get rid of the current dealers first.

Top Bottom