BOSS Polaris Edge Seats Fit 97 700 rmk?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My birthdays coming up here quick and want to get a BOSS Polaris Edge Seats for my 97 700 rmk. Question is will it fit if I get an Edge gas tank, and does anybody know of any complications I would run into. Also my current seat has a light in it, would I have to fab a new light?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My birthdays coming up here quick and want to get a BOSS Polaris Edge Seats for my 97 700 rmk. Question is will it fit if I get an Edge gas tank, and does anybody know of any complications I would run into. Also my current seat has a light in it, would I have to fab a new light?

Yes it will fit with the updated tank. As an option on the old Boss seats you could get an LED tail light molded in. Not sure about the new ones though. Good luck!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Dave(a mechanic also), one of the only distributors of boss seats in Northern Alberta(atleast thats on there website). He said that an Edge boss seat has a little bend to it in the tunnel, which the seat also has. The 700 rmk's coolant is underneath the fuel tank, therefore an edge tank wouldnt work. I think Im going to buy/get a beacon/probe/shovel, ride with a stock seat, and continue to budget my money for a newer sled next season.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They probably don't but also with the Gen1's they ran the coolant tubes through the seat, and gas tank. Therefore I would have to get a gen2/edge gas tank, and have a heat exchanger that covers the entire underneath of my tunnel, or have the coolant hoses like the newer sleds, going through my running boards rails. Either way the seats $400-500+, getting the rest switched out could be anywhere from another $200-400. I dont plan to further mod the sled, rather just upgrade next season, or season after. Than spend $700-900 on a seat, on a $2800 sled, even $400-500 was being a tad silly. I invested my birthday cash/savings into safety gear as I will beable to carry it on to the next sled.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good choice!!! Changing the seat on those models are a real pain in the ass. When you have some extra cash open up the airbox and grab a used SLP single with some clutching and that will wake that sled up even more if you do decide to keep it for a while. Higgins.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good choice!!! Changing the seat on those models are a real pain in the ass. When you have some extra cash open up the airbox and grab a used SLP single with some clutching and that will wake that sled up even more if you do decide to keep it for a while. Higgins.

I'm not sure if the pipe it currently has on it is stock or SLP, i should get a picture, but I seen another 700 with the same pipe. It sound awesome, but that could be just a can, and it came with a temperature gauge for the exhaust/pipe. I just spent $800 on parts getting the clutch and maintenance work up to snuff, probably pass it on to my brother or keep it as a spare to get the $$$ out of those parts. Open up the airbox? how would I go about doing that, remove the foam? or you talkin getting vforce reeds. Also got rid of 40 lbs, really looking forward to riding this year with the changes, physically and mechanically. Just don't know why the big guys holding out on us with the snow.

Top Bottom