BOGGYDOODOOwhat the HECK

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine bogged in Chappell couple weekends ago. Just cleaned the intake and it was good. The other thing with riding yellowstone is that your upwards of 10000 ft. My sled was bogging a little at the top too because of the altitude.

I like your idea though Teeroy. I remember you posting some pics of that.
thanks Norm, if I were to do it again it would be the back of the lower airbox as everyone has done without problems. just wasn't real sure back then, we just took the bull by the horns rather than getting on the internet and b!tching about it....

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I got my 08 we had some bog issues due to a dpm tube being undone, other than that if the single intake got clogged I would loose maybe 1000rpm off the top. So...while getting the dpm sorted out we took the little spring popper valve on the bottom of the airbox apart and cut the spring a bit shorter so it would open easier. Havent had a lot of power issues since, other than classic xp heatsoak!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I got my 08 we had some bog issues due to a dpm tube being undone, other than that if the single intake got clogged I would loose maybe 1000rpm off the top. So...while getting the dpm sorted out we took the little spring popper valve on the bottom of the airbox apart and cut the spring a bit shorter so it would open easier. Havent had a lot of power issues since, other than classic xp heatsoak!
when they were new and bogging, as well as eating belts, we found the lower airbox full of belt strings from that lame "pop" valve setup. figured that adding another point of intake away from the motor compartment would be beneficial.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine bogged in Chappell couple weekends ago. Just cleaned the intake and it was good. The other thing with riding yellowstone is that your upwards of 10000 ft. My sled was bogging a little at the top too because of the altitude.

I like your idea though Teeroy. I remember you posting some pics of that.

NOT only place is north side of Lions head that is that high. Riding was done between 6600 and 8300 with most between 75-83ft. It was the mid range bog that is caused by air filter plugging. Also once you get to low on the RPM's the flapper valve in the airbox can't open (not enough vac) as a result
BOGGYDOODOO.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok im new to the xp world and i was having the bogging issue as well 2010 800 154. i have no idea what to do with it...so as much info on what to do would be great. or should i just put something aftermarket on..please help me with this..

and also the big hole by the exhaust has people being putting filters over that or just leave or just do vent kit?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats bizare i have a 2010 xp aswell and it only bogged once on me when there was an inch of ice on the sock. and ive been riding deep snow all winter.

are you giving the filter foam a good wipe before heading off on a pull?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats bizare i have a 2010 xp aswell and it only bogged once on me when there was an inch of ice on the sock. and ive been riding deep snow all winter.

i havent rode it mountains yet..its just been around here in some of the deep drifts..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm i wonder if its just jamming a bunch of snow under the hood really quickly. put some duc tape on the 2 openings on your next ride and see if that solves it. otherwise try some florites in the back of the airbox. shouldnt have to as mine doesnt bog..what was the temp try the carb heaters next time too

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm i wonder if its just jamming a bunch of snow under the hood really quickly. put some duc tape on the 2 openings on your next ride and see if that solves it. otherwise try some florites in the back of the airbox. shouldnt have to as mine doesnt bog..what was the temp try the carb heaters next time too

temp was about -15 or so. thats what was thinking is just to much snow jammed in there cause i opened side pinel and it had alot of snow in it...where would a good place to get a vent kit for it?

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well i don't just do PULLS. It is WHEN i was playing in the trees boondocking, moving at mid throttle settings working to full throttle. Would be pushing snow up to and past the headlight for 50 yards and and then go to get into the throttle and all off a sudden BOGGYDOODOO:realmad:

the air box mod fixes this problem.
thanks again BRP for confirming what i already new.:beer:

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
2"flow rites and stock 480 mains?
I did a 2.5" and a 2" fow rite but fattened to 500 mains, wish i had the 480's still. wish the carbs were easy to remove like the airbox, dam carb heater hose and sensor wire plug take the fun out of jetting.

2thetopp

Reaction score
08 xp 154, installed SLP intake followed up by two 3" Pow Air valves on the back of lower airbox, valves only open when other intakes are clogged. Eliminates need for rejet.

Top Bottom