blue river avy

wombat

Reaction score
does anyone have any info on the avy in the fingerbowls last weekend? One completely buried and helicoptered out?

Curious as to where in the fingers that occurred.

Thanks,

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any info on the avy in the fingerbowls last weekend? One completely buried and helicoptered out?

Thanks,

I was in Blue when this happened and I wont get into detail all that much. The avy was in fingerbowls and one did get buried 4' and was found within 5-7 minutes. With CPR the man came through and chopper showed up in around a hour and flew him to Mcbride hospital. Where he stayed overnight for observation and was released the next day. Everybody in the group worked as a team and made for a happy ending. For those involved see ya next year on the hills.

Last edited:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Blue when this happened and I wont get into detail all that much. The avy was in fingerbowls and one did get buried 4' and was found within 5-7 minutes. With CPR the man came through and chopper showed up in around a hour and flew him to Mcbride hospital. Where he said overnight for observation and was released the next day. Everybody in the group worked as a team and made for a happy ending. For those involved see ya next year on the hills.

Jeez buddy, really you were there!!! that's freaky, i'm glad to hear you're okay. Kinda glad i wasn't able to make it now, i really don't want to practice my avy training. Very happy to hear everyone was able to stay calm and concentrate on getting the victum out. We'll chat soon.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

Jeez buddy, really you were there!!! that's freaky, i'm glad to hear you're okay. Kinda glad i wasn't able to make it now, i really don't want to practice my avy training. Very happy to hear everyone was able to stay calm and concentrate on getting the victum out. We'll chat soon.

Showtime, I did not mean to guide you in the wrong direction or miss lead you. I was in groundhog when the avy happened. I spoke with the people involved during the evening hours. I found the thread and thought I should let people know it was a happy ending.

Last edited:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Showtime, I did not mean to guide you in the wrong direction or miss lead you. I was in groundhog when the avy happened. I spoke with the people involved during the evening hours. I found the thread and thought I should let people know it was a happy ending.

All good, no worries, just glad it was a happy ending.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was just up the trail from you at Salmon Lake, saw no avy activity in the area other than the spring suface sluff at rock outcrops. Heard the guy was OK on Saturday in town. Good ending to a scary day for that group.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just up the trail from you at Salmon Lake, saw no avy activity in the area other than the spring suface sluff at rock outcrops. Heard the guy was OK on Saturday in town. Good ending to a scary day for that group.

Did a guy get hurt in Salmon on Sat? Heard someone flipped a sled and broke some ribs? Seen the ambulance head to the heli pad. Have not heard anything if he is ok.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a guy get hurt in Salmon on Sat? Heard someone flipped a sled and broke some ribs? Seen the ambulance head to the heli pad. Have not heard anything if he is ok.

Not us, there was also a group of 11 in there from Ft. Mac that were staying in Valemount that we rode with most of the day. Must have been them but hope not. Good riders, really nice guys but not a clue on avy training or radios for some of the stuff they were doing. Spent about 15 minutes explaining their suicidal ways and how they are going to kill each other with 4-5 climbing the same face at the same time. They took it to heart and stopped the multiple climbs, like I said a nice bunch that listened and even asked a couple questions. I believe some will be taking a course as they stated. Man I felt like an old gizzer talking to them but they were more than willing to listen so I nicely said my piece to them.

turbo X 2

Reaction score
I was at the scene when the avalanche happened in the fingerbowls.. I actually caused the slide and it buried my father. Everything worked out in the end. We all worked as a team and pulled together to make a scary situation have a happy ending. Just wanted to let everyone know that my old man is doing fine, say's he still feels a little foggy sometimes and Im sure he will be back in the powder next season. For this year we are all done. Don't want to tempt fait. As for where the slide happened it was on the opposite side of where a man passed last year in a big slide. It was our first time in there and I was a little turned around but I believe we were just south west of the lake.. Not 100% sure though.

See ya next year

Top Bottom